Excitel Broadband Reviews

based on most people's experiences here... you would find the connection unstable for a few days. should be fine after a week or so.

@Sushubh Excitel is LCO or in hands of company directly?

I'm talking about the cable maintenance, routing etc.

Also do they give Ethernet, Cable Coaxle or Airtel Type RJ ?

Local LCO manages the local network. Billing is managed by Excitel. I have an ethernet cable coming to my house from the nearest poll which has their switch.

Okay. So basically service will be bad in terms of cable management and repair.

How good is your Ping with Excitel with speed is shared as it is in Hathway or it's dedicated just like Airtel's?

Hathway: If any guy is downloading then others on the same line suffers. (I noticed)

Airtel: It's dedicated

So what's with Excitel?

Excitel has direct peering with Google, Apple, Microsoft and Hotstar and maybe a few other services so pings are great. I get proper speeds on most speedtest.net servers in my area. Fast.com is slower as they probably do not have a local data center in NCR. Cable coming to my house has a few connections since I got my own connection. I have not seen any noticeable difference in quality but these are still early days.

Okay. How much do you get speed when downloading from torrent? (to know if Direct Peering is helping anything here)

i use VPN so i do not get 20mbps speed on most torrents. ubuntu maybe... but other excitel users get local+peered speeds on popular torrents so on my 799 connection, you can theoretically get 40mbps.

Got new connection and the connection is stable
Getting 4.8 mbps in torrents which is 38.4 Mbps and 2.5 in normal excellent network no downtimes stable 24 hrs

Mine got connected finally. They took their own sweet time laying the cables.

Really happy with the speeds. Torrents are downloading at 42 mbps. For 800 Rs, this is brilliant VFM. I was paying MTNL 2400/month for 8mbps upto 100GB. Ill switch to the 995 plan from next month. the one above that seems like overkill

Absolute shitshow, I'd rather go back to my old ISP if they improved their pricing. They seem to throttle p2p traffic from time to time, especially if you aren't downloading a locally seeded torrent. Couldn't play FIFA 17 online with a friend who also had excitel connection(he got fed up and got rid of it now).Another friend experiences constant packet loss while playing csgo, I'm glad I don't have a Netflix subscription otherwise that would've been wasted on this connection as fast.com speeds never go above 5Mbps.Twitch lags are a plenty and recently the whole connection seems to slow down to a crawl after midnight. Support is useless and there are guys telling you they're ccna so they know what they're talking about. I know about all the upstream issues because we have TCIL connection in office and there's been a fiber cut since January which hasn't been fixed yet(between Singapore & Malaysia) and apparently there's an Airtel fiber cut in the Indonesian sea as well(our second line is Airtel). Compromising their network won't be an issue for someone with half-decent hacking skills since everything's exposed to the public, the switches, dns servers and even their nms observium.

6127122690.png

These are the speeds around midnight.

Looks like speeds have started sucking especially on weekends now.
6162053304.png

Last edited:
Planning to try them out, based on the reviews out here that if the lco is ok the service is decent.

However, will not disconnect airtel as there is no way that they can ever get the reliability of underground cabling. Will switch to airtel minimum plan which happens to be 899/- for 60 GB presently at a measly 8 mbps. Infact, i have been stuck at 8 mbps for few years now with airtel staunchly refusing to upgrade the speed to even 16 mbps.

Will post the review here, once installed in a day or two.

So far my first day was not that good. As mentioned above, P2P is throttled. I can't even download Ubuntu from their official tracker which gives blazing fast speeds of around 5MB/s at my other home having ACT.

This is a very unreliable service. Speed is good if the connection is working but the frequent disconnection makes it highly unreliable service. There are bizarre connectivity issues that seems to be difficult to solve. I get disconnection almost every day at 10.20-30 and then it gets restored around 3 pm. Apart from this, there are random disconnections that happens frequently. I am so fed up with this connection that I got my FUP on airtel connection restored to 500 gb. Not recommended if you are looking for reliability.