Excitel Broadband Review: Worst Internet Service Provider (With Screenshots)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 111
  • Views Views 22,873
im sure higher up employees at excitel are also aware that their image is being tarnished because of incompetent LCO's not providing qualitative service. i feel like majority of lcos are bad. this is reflective through excitel's google review and reviews on their other social media accounts.

but this is the path that excitel as a company has chosen. to partner with lcos and then provide their services. sure it gives them the advantage of local reach but it has its own share of short comings.

as i said in my other comment, im sure, excitel is already doing whatever they can to make sure that bad performing lcos try to provide good services through their internal reward/punishment mechanism.

At the end of the day excitel and lcos are in a partnership. excitel doesnt own these lco's and they dont have full control over them. they cant just make these lcos do the work. they can pressurize them which i believe they are doing already.

as a consumer all we can do is vote with wallet. if we dont like a services we can always switch to an alternative if we have that option available.

edit -

imo its not fair to compare airtel vs excitel in terms of customer support and how fast they are able to resolve complaints.
airtel is a very old and a big company. they have a lot of funds backing them back. they have a large amount of human resource backing them up in their customer care department.

excitel is a startup isp that was launched 4-5 years ago if i am correct. they have limited funds and a small workforce.

we cant expect a startup company that is still in growth stage to provide full fledged service comparable to the one that is being provided by a large MNC

Well this where I have to agree to disagree. Although you are right about an established MNC having better CC than a startup, then both are ISPs in the eyes of a consumer. I don't care if you are a class A ISP with a pan india network like BSNL or a class c isp like ABNL, I only care about getting good service for what I have paid. In further posts you mention about comparing apples to oranges, honestly it's a fair comparison, both are fruits, Apple has more carbs, oranges have more vits. In fact my class C ISP provides better service than the class A BSNL. Even their CC is very responsive and fast. At the end of the day, it's important to understand what matters to the consumer.

Hey @Sushubh If you have any idea. I'm getting low download-speed specifically at the night now. Like around 7pm it starts to drop and until 2-3am it becomes normal.

Worst time of download-speed is 9pm-12am when the speeds are hardly 5Mbps-10Mbps.

Packet Loss becomes as high as 30% at this time and ping increases by 3-4ms too.

Checked directly on the LAN Wire of Excitel Connected to the Laptop with Dialup Connection.

6CYuFiy.png

KVfFA70.png
When I first saw Excitel HYB plans today, I was like there has to be a catch!. They had 100mbps UL @645rs or so per month. THat's insane! but looks like I found the last piece of excitel puzzle. Btw did you subscribe for 2 months or something. I would never continue if I had such a bad experience!

there is no catch. except that the prices mentioned are without gst. connection is purely unlimited. abuse is of course not accepted. quality of service differ from one lco to another. there are a bunch of us on the forum who have getting pretty decent quality of service from excitel.

^ I don't know somewhere you did mention otherwise. (I'm still trying to find the post)

@netseeker I would say test Excitel if it's necessary or you don't have any choice. Excitel gives nothing special than any other ISP at this point.

Most of them are giving 1TB Data (enough to use) if FUP is the issue.

Rest, if you want stable services? Airtel > Hathway > Excitel.

I'm going to leave their services soon, don't worry. You will know the reason by now already.

But, I am seriously not getting why are you that bothered for Excitel? 😛

i am not. i am/was just surprised why you would continue to torture yourself when excitel is definitely shit in your area. i dumped abs broadband the day they started blocking torrent services. had a few days remaining in my account. saw no point in keeping them connected on my load balancer. just blacklisted them from my network.

Yeah. I totally agree with you. But you know the stuff now 😛

But overall, Services of Excitel at-least for me are the worst in my last 15 years of experience.

Used MTNL, Airtel, Hathway and Excitel.

Best is Airtel.

you have not really dealt with really shit isps. sify was amazingly bad. you is another one. tikona as well i believe. and i am definitely forgetting others that have disappeared over the years or changed ownership. but yeah, it does suck that excitel did not work well for you. i would have hated if my other choice was hathway in my area.

Yes, I made the analysis from my experience. There are 100 ISPs in India can't compare them, right?

If you ask me Delhi Wide?

Airtel > ACT > Any Other ISP.

Anyways, I will keep updating more on the topic of Excitel Broadband.

I would not rate Excitel that bad........ If I i have to leave my present ISP i.e. Triple Play.... I will jump to Excitel only..... both serviced by same LCO.......

And talking about Airtel, ACT etc..... with FUP...... the lesser said the better..... only if you are still in dark ages in limited data consumption.... 1TB is nothing....... wake up..... !!!!!!

And those bragging about their CC.... try getting to speak a human voice on Airtel Mobile Prepaid CC No... no option will lead to that...

I think it's better if we keep this thread for the Excitel Only Discussion rather than the comparison among the ISP.

It hardly matters to me if any other ISP is better or worst then Excitel. It's a review thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I don't know somewhere you did mention otherwise. (I'm still trying to find the post)

@netseeker I would say test Excitel if it's necessary or you don't have any choice. Excitel gives nothing special than any other ISP at this point.

Most of them are giving 1TB Data (enough to use) if FUP is the issue.

Rest, if you want stable services? Airtel > Hathway > Excitel.
Well, honestly I hopped on this thread because it was on the first page when I joined this forum. Unfortunately I am not even in a city that has excitel or ISPs that provide 1TB FUP/ UL connections around the Rs.1k mark, but if I was I would certainly given excitel a try. You guys from delhi, hyb, chennai are pretty damn lucky, bless you all!.

@Sushubh When I said there's a catch, I was referring to the difference in quality of service due to use of lcos. To provide such good plans they had to cut corners somewhere and it was use of inconsistent lcos.

@ajgamer 1TB FUP may be enough but the issue is the risk of false addition of FUP as accused in this thread. Having purely UL connection gives you the peace of mind that you are not being cheated. Not everyone has a router that can measure your data consumption. I had been on 35mbps UL for the past 2 yrs or so and I always averaged between 400-450 GB of total dl + ul measured on ddwrt. It used to be about 20-30 GB lesser than what my ISP measured but I never had worry about a FUP running out.

Yes, stable services is on the top of my priority list when choosing an ISP, I am starting a new thread as I am in the process of changing ISPs myself.

I would not rate Excitel that bad........ If I i have to leave my present ISP i.e. Triple Play.... I will jump to Excitel only..... both serviced by same LCO.......

And talking about Airtel, ACT etc..... with FUP...... the lesser said the better..... only if you are still in dark ages in limited data consumption.... 1TB is nothing....... wake up..... !!!!!!

And those bragging about their CC.... try getting to speak a human voice on Airtel Mobile Prepaid CC No... no option will lead to that...
I totally agree on the FUP part! FUP is a crime against us netizens! YOU or hathway or some ISP at least lets us carry the remainder of FUP over to the next month, but Airtel or ACT don't even allow you to do that. I'd honestly make sure I use every single last bit of the FUP if I had to! But as the OP said I think we should keep the thread to excitel but I couldn't help throw this out there. Geez we need to liberate India from the FUP rule!

@ajgamer Does your connection still sucks? Mine went down 2 days ago, called my LCO and he fixed it within an hour.

One should start a petition on change.org on the matter of FUP. I too hate it considering my high internet usage.