Excitel Broadband Review: Worst Internet Service Provider (With Screenshots)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 111
  • Views Views 22,958
^ Wrong, I never compared both of them. That was a added comment that people coming from Airtel to Excitel would complain badly about their services but I being a good guy here trying to be a lot more patient with them.

Since, I've mentioned my Internet Experience, It's pretty obvious I'm not even going to compare Airtel with Excitel. 😉

Excitel can't be compared with Hathway either.

Internet is not working from last 6-7 hours. Complaint Made, But no response from LCO yet.

oyajgC2.png

Last 26 Days of Excitel:

31st Jan - 5th Feb : Speed Issues

9th Feb - 11th Feb: Speed Issues (Continued..)

13th Feb - 14th Feb: Speed Issues

16th Feb - 16th Feb: Connectivity Issue (Fiber Cut)

19th Feb - 19th Feb: Connectivity Issue (No Global Ticket)

25th Feb - Today: Connectivity Issue (No Global Ticket)

14 out of 26 Days, Internet didn't work properly. That is half month, Excitel's Services were poor / didn't work.

This is the most poorest services I've ever seen.

CC: @philip marlowe

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm...wires hanging from tree tops, poles terraces, balconies..i am not sure what kind of reliability can be expected from such ISP's...now it may work if the LCO is a little sensible and lays his wires where they are less prone to breakage and exposed to elements also where the LCO is proactive in resolving complaints...but comparing these ISP's with ISP's having underground cabling is like a comparison between Apples and Oranges... common sense dictates that one would be safer with ISP's having underground cabling.

@cyberwiz Airtel/Hathway both of them have wires laying on the poles itself now.

My instincts says, it's an issue of Switch and not the Fiber Cut.

Fiber Cut is the most easiest reason these ISP gives to make the customer calm.

Anyways, I'm myself as an customer has nothing to do here. It's Excitel's poor service.

Internet is not working from last 6-7 hours. Complaint Made, But no response from LCO yet.

oyajgC2.png

Last 26 Days of Excitel:

14 out of 26 Days, Internet didn't work properly. That is half month, Excitel's Services were poor / didn't work.

uCxiRNP.png

11 Hours and no resolution.

@philip marlowe Are you sure that you don't want any strictness with the LCO for providing such bad quality of services?

Luckily from past one month my experience has been completely opposite of what you guys are experiencing right now. Here in Delhi weather has gone bonkers, today is all sunny tomorrow could be heavy rainfall heck we even had couple of hailstorm but I'm yet to experience a single down time. Earlier even just a bit of raindrop was enough for it to go down. I have to say I'm really shocked and happy with this sudden change. Whatever my LCO did it's clearly working.

I'll discontinue Excitel and move to Hathway.

1. Cheaper
  2. Very rare disconnection issues and no rain issues.
  3. Max. to max. 4 hours of time to fix the issue if it's related to disconnection.
  4. Excitel is no better than Hathway. So, Why not enjoy same Cow Dung at cheaper price?
  5. Biggest Advantage: NO FUCKING LCO INVOLVED.
Waiting for the days to end.

I've been using internet for more than 15 years now. I never had such long disconnection in my entire life.

xWLiW61.png

Add 12 hours minimum more to it (making it 24 hours) since it's late night and they will be able to fix it or at-least start fixing it by the 11 am only.

I regret the decision of going with Excitel.

Last 26 Days of Excitel:

15 out of 26 Days, Internet didn't work properly. That is half month, Excitel's Services were poor / didn't work.

a lot of us are quite happy with excitel. what he believes or says does not matter to you. your lco is not managing excitel well. you should just switch to another operator. i have dumped services for less annoying reasons.

^ That's the thing I've been trying to make him understand that they need better LCO in this particular area. It's Excitel's mistake of not strict-ing their practices with such shitty LCOs.

LCO is making the issue (clearly shown in 2-3 threads post by me) and yet, Excitel is taking the heat for being the ISP.

It's not just me, all the people in the area are facing the same issues. But that voice of cry is very low since I'm the only one posting the shitty service review.

If all the 100-200 connection owners comes and post the same story, it might show the reality of how bad LCO is.

"It's not always good to live in the fairy tale world".

15 days out of 26 days, Internet didn't work properly (mostly disconnected).

What kind of SLA Contract they have with this shitty LCO? Is this seriously 2019?

i am pretty sure he knows the reality on the ground. they have record of every single disconnection and downtime of every single customer in all areas they serve. it is easy to see which lcos are shit and which are doing a good job. but he is right when he says that majority of customers are quite happy with their platform. otherwise there would be a lot more people complaining here. people tend to look for places to rant when they are not happy. i have seen it happen with multiple ISPs over the year. this forum essentially exist because i had horrible time on sify broadband and i used this place to rant about them.

you broadband for instance sees a lot of one post users who come here to post their negative experience and never return back.

hathway is equally shit. hathway throttles torrents. they have speed and packet loss issue as well. in todays world quality of service provided by isps actually differ from region to region. there are areas where even airtel and act are shit af. i cant think of any isp providing top quality service pan india, in each and every state, in each and every district.

also, people rarely post positive reviews when it comes to internet service. on excitels social media, if there are 100 negative feedback then maybe there'll be 2-3 positive ones.

@Sushubh But then, They are not providing the services to the people who are crying for free, right?

It's excitel's job to have some sort of check on the LCO to fix the issues.

All in all, It's me leaving them, might be more people leave them in future.

And, let me tell you this, I forgot to tell you & forum: Good News: Airtel FTTH Availability | Airtel Fibrenet FTTH Broadband

Sooner or later, Airtel will also come up with their FTTH. Maybe, You're and 100s of people here are happy with Excitel.

But, damn son. Who aren't? Bye Excitel for them too.

@Aakash Malhotra I never said, Hathway is best. But at-least for me, Hathway was better than Excitel. Throttling speed? I don't have connectivity to internet from last 12 hours + min. 12 hours next too making it 24 hours. I never had more than 4 hour disconnection in Hathway.

I'll discontinue Excitel and move to Hathway.

1. Cheaper
  2. Very rare disconnection issues and no rain issues.
  3. Max. to max. 4 hours of time to fix the issue if it's related to disconnection.
  4. Excitel is no better than Hathway. So, Why not enjoy same Cow Dung at cheaper price?
  5. Biggest Advantage: NO FUCKING LCO INVOLVED.
Waiting for the days to end.

I've been using internet for more than 15 years now. I never had such long disconnection in my entire life.

aUO5Tpg.png

Add 12 hours minimum more to it (making it 24 hours) since it's late night and they will be able to fix it or at-least start fixing it by the 11 am only.

I regret the decision of going with Excitel.

Last 26 Days of Excitel:

15 out of 26 Days, Internet didn't work properly. That is half month, Excitel's Services were poor / didn't work.