Excitel Broadband: Quality of Video Streaming Services

ISP
Airtel Xstream
alright my excitel connection is working perfectly in all aspect except just 1 thing. i cant stream videos properly like
i cant watch streams on twitch.tv . twitch does not utilize my full internet connection .
i also cant stream videos on various streaming sites like link-removed and the like. same thing . they dont utilize my full internet speed. hovers around 300 kbps -1 mbps . video keeps buffering most of the time. so can anyone help me in this regard?

i also see that we have got a representative from excitel here. so can he help me in this? like connect me to higher tech level support so that they can check what is wrong with my connection and stuff

Edit- also the guy from excitel can you please tell us about your plans of changing copper wires to ftth ? right now its not even fttb . in my area its all copper wire

Last edited:
We will check that.

Pls provide full list of sites on which you experience issues with Streaming/Buffering and also mention since when the issue started and when it was last time each site was working properly.

they have a map on their website. only sector 31 was pointed out last month. and local guys told me that model town area was next.

i tested quite a few streaming sites they all seem to be working well this morning but twitch is still buffering for me . i cant watch any stream at source quality without buffering occasionally. link-removed also seems to be working well . twitch never worked for me since i got the connection . although the buffering is really less like once in 2-3 mins but it is still there. i will test these sites again for two or more days to see if the issue is actually fixed or not and will update the thread accordingly .

and another thing is that i face packet loss while playing video games. im a gamer and i play a lot of multiplayer games like counter strike and this packet loss is really annoying . i lag most of the time. i think everything is perfect on your end but the issue is because of my lco having some fault in his network setup ?

im really loving excitel . it been 11 days and its working great apart from these two issues buffering on twitch and packet loss in online video games.

edit - also can you guys also add steam game client , origin game client in your peering network ?? i dont know if this is in your to do list or not but it would be amazing if we gamers get steam peering . a lot of isps in mumbai offer peering to steam origin and uplay gaming clients. if we here in delhi also get it , it would be really great

Last edited:
By link-removed do you mean this one: link-removed Movie - Full Movies Online Free Download

Twitch unfortunately is not having any peering facility in India... we are chasing them to make some arrangement but no luck so far as they don't see much traffic coming from India to invest in local presence. I'm not sure we can do much to improve it...

For playing video games: Can you share which games and where the servers are situated for those games? Any url/IP/domains will help.

For Steam - again can you share exact URL of site/service which we need to look into for Peering.

by link-removed i mean link-removed its a video share hosting site.

its not about peering to twitch.tv the issue is that i cant watch it on source quality which most of the time is 1080p 60 fps. im pretty sure that 10 mbps ( right now 20 mbps because of double bonanze ) should be enough for streaming 1080p 60 fps live streaming. twitch for me is really bad like it does not utilize my bandwidth at all .it was good in the morning but later in noon got worse. bandwidth usage stays at 300kbps- 1 to 2 mbps . lots of buffering .
i dont know if its a dns issue routing issue or what.

here is the website for steam Welcome to Steam
its a very popular game client. they have their servers in india.

this is origin store Origin
im not sure about their servers in india

The speed you can get from a particular site depends on

1. How much your ISP provides to you (in our case this is 10 Mbps or 20 Mbps, more than enough)

2. If your ISP has enough Upstream capacity (not overselling their Transit capacity) - We do not do this and we have enough capacity to serve all our customers.

3. The capability of the Origin site to deliver content to you - One would assume that twitch.tv has enough capacity to serve their customers

4. The capacity of the entire Pipe between you and the Origin site - On this part we do not have much control. The Longer the path between Customer and Origin server, the more Telecoms are on the way and some of the paths (pipes) between them can be overloaded thus creating the issue that you experience. That's why if a Content provider has local peering facility close to the User (in India) the chances of better experience (read speeds) are much higher.

on my previous isp twitch worked fine. i did ask about this twitch issue on this forum before. 1 guy said that twitch works perfectly for him . so i just guessing that im few of the unlucky ones to face this issue. now, is there anything that can be done to fix this? i can provide whatever data you need. even though it is just a minor issue but an issue is an issue and i believe it should be fixed.

edit- i just checked and videos on link-removed also seems to be buffering like crazy and these arent even 1080p videos. bandwidth usage never crosses 500 kbps most of the times. this streaming issue is kinda getting annoying.

Last edited:
since this issue is still persisting and we have a new excitel rep here im gonna bump this thread up and tag hopefully we will get a solution soon.
@Excitel

edit - so i would like to explain the problem again.
1 ) twitch buffers like crazy . it does not utilize full bandwidth . like usage stays at 500 kbps to between 1-2 kbps. cannot watch livestream at source quality without buffering at all . even high quality buffers.

2 ) same thing happens with other video streaming platforming like for example link-removed
any video hosted of link-removed hosting site buffers like crazy .

3 ) the other day i tried to livestream on youtube . and buffering there as well . like i was trying to livestream at 1080p 60 fps quality and upload speed never went above 2-3 mbps resulting in stuttering in my stream .

4 ) there is packet loss while i game. 1-2% of packet loss is constant and it even jumps to 15-30% in between making online gaming impossible,

5) even netflix buffers

now i dont think packetloss will be fixed until excitel start changing copper wires to ftth .
but this buffering issue is really annoying. i mean to say excitel provides 20 mbps connection but what good is it for us. we cannot download everything. what is the point of having a so called 20 mbps connection and then getting buffering while u are trying to watch 1080p live streams . or what is the point of having 20 mbps upload speed when u cant even do a livestream yourself. not everything can be downloaded and not everything can be peered.

if its a routing issue then i would like to get my routing line shifted. i mean some users have reported here that twitch and netflix works good for them without buffering . so i dont know. please find the issue and rectify it.

Last edited: