Excitel Broadband has no support for Port Forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 17,373
These are Static IPs they provide for a fee?

Although a lot of people are trying to run services via port forwarding, as on the 10.x.x.x IPs given by excitel I saw many open ports. Most of them were for CCTV cameras and/or router remote access.

Do you know the price of static IP?

Nah they are not static IPs. They are private Class A IPs given to the wan side of our routers. So everyone's router in excitel is connected as if they were in the same LAN. So if you host something on your network (and do the port forwarding and DMZ things) you will be able to access this using the 10.x.x.x IP of your router given that the client is also connected to an excitel network.

Even the people who are running CCTVs can't access it outside excitel's network. Unless they use a proxy based app which most CCTV vendors provide.

@achaudhary997 What I've heard is that Excitel does provide the Public IP (but it's very hidden, can say they don't give to everyone even on request).

ANp9QGQ.png

Yup even I tried creating a ticket. The standard reply is "we don't provide static IPs as of now. We will inform you in the future if we start providing". xD

Source

What use case did you mention when you asked for the public IP?

Nothing to be honest. I want it but not enough to actually pay for it 🙂. So I just asked them if they provide and that was their reply.

@achaudhary997 I am on the call with Excitel Support, they are saying me this 😀

Buy Static IP from the Internet 😀 But Excitel can't provide it. I mean, What the hell? 😀

Anyways he has taken a ticket request where he is saying port can be opened if you give me the port number.

So he has taken 32400 as a request for now and have forwarded it to the team for opening this port.

Let's see if it opens upon for the public ip or within the virtual lan they have (10.xx you were saying)

32400 is the demo port I have given them since Plex is the best way to test open ports (live application).

"Buy it from the internet" - excitel customer care 2019
LOL. 😀

I have my doubts because even the WAN IP (in 10.xx range) changes every time we connect/disconnect it will be interesting to see how will they port forward to that.
Would be great even if they open some ports. Keep us posted.

Dual NAT is not the future for sure. They need some serious changes 😀

He has said me, it will be open within 48 hours. But I'm waiting.

Reactions: a.c
"Buy it from the internet" - excitel customer care 2019
LOL. 😀

I have my doubts because even the WAN IP (in 10.xx range) changes every time we connect/disconnect it will be interesting to see how will they port forward to that.
Would be great even if they open some ports. Keep us posted.

Spectra does it somehow, I am yet to figure out, how exactly. Spectra also gives out a 10.x.x.x (this changes too each time we connect) private IP address on the WAN side, but all I need to enable is uPNP and/or NAT-PMP. I can see the destination NAT rules which gets created by uPNP on my Mikrotik router and after that it just works.

In case of Spectra, from my tests this only works with ports above 10000 or so and not the common ports.

I wonder if they use something like a UDP / TCP hole punching 🤷‍♂️

^ Is there anyway @varkey you can let us replicate that situation? If Spectra uses the same/similar infra. maybe we can find something for the Excitel too.

@ajgamer Excitel would need to internally do whatever Spectra is doing. From my perspective, there is only a port-forward rule (basically a destination nat rule) which would essentially just forward the traffic coming on to my WAN side private IP address to the internal device IP address that I provide or through uPNP. How Spectra forwards the traffic coming on to the public IP address to the internal WAN side IP address I am not sure.

Maybe its simple as a one-to-one NAT where each customer gets a unique dynamic public IP address and is not shared with anyone else. Although then I wonder why even NAT in that case, maybe its just the way they have their infra setup.

@The_PC_Guy Yeah, 443 works for me at times too, but then on some subnets (public side) it doesn't work. So it has been a hit and miss for me. I am guessing that they are blocking the lower ports on some subnets and not on the others.

Argghhh! There is no hope they would make any changes as you're suggesting. 🙁

Actually @varkey most ports are open even 443 i run a webserver on it but except that most common ports like 80,21,22,25 are blocked

So I went ahead and setup a port-forward for 443 as well and it appears to work with my current subnet. Many months ago where I had a web server running and was monitoring with Pingdom, what I observed is, at times it would just stop working even though my web server is up and running, but ports above 10k seemed to work always. Perhaps its just for some specific subnets, similar to the routing issues 😀😀

Anyway I will just keep the web server running and enable external monitoring to see how it works out.

https://minipc.varkey.net/test.img a test file 😛