Excitel Broadband Port Forwarding: Support Says All the Ports are Open?

achaudhary997

Regulars
Apr 15, 2018
Is there any way I can know which ports are allowed by the Excitel?

I want to use some ports for my applications.

Are you trying to say, they don't have any ports open?
Rather than saying ports are open I would rephrase it as "ports are not blocked". On excitel's public IP only two services are running which are ssh (22), BGP(179) [as told to me by nmap]. Therefore if you type publicIP : Port in any application you can only connect to these two ports. I am doing some more tests.

yeah local worked for me too wan didn't work until i messed with my windows firewall
So just to make sure. I used a small Linux machine which I had and added that to DMZ. Still, I can't connect to it using the public IP which I have.

Reactions: ajgamer

ajgamer

[OP]
Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
Sure, I'm waiting for your tests and in-depth testing. Let's see how true Excitel's reply is and what are our solution to this.

Port-Forwarding is a much needed stuff.

ajgamer

[OP]
Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
^ Spectra works fine in the port-forwarding as a member of this forum already using Spectra.

Issue is with Excitel since Excitel is on Dual NAT.

According to Excitel's normal support, no port is closed/blocked.

According to Excitel's Technical Team: Internet of Excitel runs on Dual NAT infra. (They say no port is blocked by them) but in Dual NAT scenario, it's blocked because it's what it is.

achaudhary997

Regulars
Apr 15, 2018
Nope. So port forwarding does not work. All the public IPs owned by excitel as of now does not have any other service running (either on them or via port forwarding).

I tried DMZing a Linux as well as a windows machine and using ports in the range of (27000-35000) but it still doesn't work.
The only way I guess to access the home network is via a VPN which goes through a third party. Like zero-tier or running a server and relaying everything through that machine.

Although a lot of people are trying to run services via port forwarding, as on the 10.x.x.x IPs given by excitel I saw many open ports. Most of them were for CCTV cameras and/or router remote access.

Reactions: ajgamer

ajgamer

[OP]
Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
These are Static IPs they provide for a fee?

Although a lot of people are trying to run services via port forwarding, as on the 10.x.x.x IPs given by excitel I saw many open ports. Most of them were for CCTV cameras and/or router remote access.
Do you know the price of static IP?

achaudhary997

Regulars
Apr 15, 2018
Nah they are not static IPs. They are private Class A IPs given to the wan side of our routers. So everyone's router in excitel is connected as if they were in the same LAN. So if you host something on your network (and do the port forwarding and DMZ things) you will be able to access this using the 10.x.x.x IP of your router given that the client is also connected to an excitel network.

Even the people who are running CCTVs can't access it outside excitel's network. Unless they use a proxy based app which most CCTV vendors provide.

ajgamer

[OP]
Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
@achaudhary997 What I've heard is that Excitel does provide the Public IP (but it's very hidden, can say they don't give to everyone even on request).

achaudhary997

Regulars
Apr 15, 2018
Yup even I tried creating a ticket. The standard reply is "we don't provide static IPs as of now. We will inform you in the future if we start providing". xD

Source