Excitel Broadband not working during rains

You know the answer!

Pretty normal for ISPs that use overground cables and distribution boxes. Water gets inside the DP Box which makes them non-functional. There is not much you can do other than making a ticket or calling LCO.

first major rain here in gurgaon. excitel is online. but google is struggling. too much packet loss. cannot conduct simple searches.

looks like the previous post was for a demo. excitel went down with the early morning rain today. and is still down. looks like this one is going to be a major downtime. woo.

Is this also the case normally for cable(like Hathway) and FTTB conncections?
Pretty normal for ISPs that use overground cables and distribution boxes. Water gets inside the DP Box which makes them non-functional. There is not much you can do other than making a ticket or calling LCO.

Coax used by Hathway is less affected by this because it is less prone to interference and more resilient to water and heat ; usually coax DP Box are passively powered. FTTB Connections which use Ethernet specially has this problem because the switches used in DP Boxes are cheap 400Rs switches which are not suited for outdoor use.

Reactions: r19
hathway wires are hanging along with excitel wires in my area on poles and trees 😀

no one is picking up the phone at local lco but excitel is back online now. i guess there was no damage to the hardware. just power supply went off at the gateway. too bad i would need to keep an eye on the ip through the day to avoid consuming too much data on backup airtel.

so it rained in the morning and excitel has been a massive bitch since then. abs on the other hand has been running pretty smoothly.

the good thing i guess is that rains should be over by the time my abs package expires.