Excitel Broadband is now delivering more than advertised speeds on their ethernet plans!

• Thread starter Thread starter Yadu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 12,433
Hope it stays forever

speedtest windows app showing crazy speed. can be anybody test the same?
WSeXqfK.png

Damn. But nope I'm getting only 100mbps (even on speedtest desktop app). Which makes sense cause the cable to my house is only cat5 (a really long cable).

Damn. But nope I'm getting only 100mbps (even on speedtest desktop app). Which makes sense cause the cable to my house is only cat5 (a really long cable).

What I have speculated is that 50Mbps is getting 100 Mbps only. And, 100 Mbps are getting 300Mbps.

Possible cause even customer care told me that they will upgrade 50 to 100, 75 to 200, 100 to 300.

^ Don't expect 300 Mbps for 820 Rs. Jio won't give that either. I mean, no one can. It's not feasible unless it's a Orissa ISP.

last night i was getting 92Mbps download so i thought i was getting limited due to my router supporting only 100Mbps speed. i just bought archer c6 which has gigabit ports and i am only getting 75-80Mbps which is my plan speed. restarted router and also reset my mac address but getting same speed. idk if its due to 2 pair cat 5e wires that my lco has installed or due to their lan switches not supporting gigabit speeds or excitel is still in the process of rolling these speeds over ethernet.

^ That's because your LCO has installed 100Mbps LAN Switches most probably. 100Mbps Switches can't go beyond 98 Mark.

Anyways, Anyone else is noticing this forum not loading at all for many minutes?

^ Don't expect 300 Mbps for 820 Rs. Jio won't give that either. I mean, no one can. It's not feasible unless it's a Orissa ISP.
No what I meant is that 50 Mbps will be moved to 100 at the same price at 820, then 75 will go to 200 at the price of 75 Mbps and 300mbps for the price of 100 mbps

I said that to your original question:

Anyways, Anyone else is noticing this forum not loading at all for many minutes?

A single reply to post is taking 5 minutes.

Reactions: a.c