Excitel Broadband is now delivering more than advertised speeds on their ethernet plans!

• Thread starter Thread starter Yadu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 12,427
ISP
Excitel
Speed got increased without fiber updation. Bt showing isp as globe vision instead of excitel.
KqPoDIG.png

Last edited:
🥴

Customer care told me that they are auto upgrading users to the fiber plans. So 50 will become 100, 75 to 200, 100 to 300. Even if they are not on ftth infrastructure.
If you are getting high speeds then you should apply for ftth (if needed 😛, cause it seems to be working fine without it also).

^ Now this is a deal breaker if this happens for everyone and not just for the select users.

Same Here, Excitel by default uses 2 Pair. But they say it can't support more than 75 Mbit.

Anyhow, Ethernet has no future since it has a lot of issues like Packet Loss, Frequent Disconnection (Switch Gets Hanged, needs frequent re-starts), Weather Vulnerability.

Fiber > Ethernet. But, I don't think Fiber will be coming soon in area where Excitel has not even 100 Customers.

2 pair means there will be total 4 wires right? and 4 pair = 8 wires right?

i think i also have a 2 pair wire.

i am pretty sure it can support 100Mbps but not sure if it can support greater speeds than it. also how will they provide 1Gbps over cat 5e cables in future if they dont upgrade the network to fiber?

also i doubt my lco uses gigabit lan switches. pretty sure they only support speeds upto 100Mbps. anyways, if this is true then he will have to upgrade his network.

Yes. Excitel don't use Gigabit Switches. Very rarely they have Gigabit Switches.

Already, their 100 Mbps switches bottleneck when 1 or more customers are downloading at the same time

So if in case I'm downloading at 50Mbps, It leaves a room of 30-40Mbps for the rest of the customer having connection from the same switch.

One thing more. Excitel sometimes use multiple switches connected via. Ethernet only.

So 4-5 Switches running on Ethernet instead of Fiber. (At-least in my area)

Don't confuse between LCO and ISP. The last mile connectivity in case of Excitel is provided by LCO. In my case, the Junction box(which encloses Switch) on the pole outside my house has fiber input and ethernet output for individual connection..... Most probably this would be the setup in most cases where fiber is not there yet. It is the discretion of LCO whether he uses 2 pair or 4pair. In my case it is 4 pair and I get more than 75Mbps. I don't know whether it is a gigabit switch or 100Mbps because I my self do not have a router with gigabit port. Will ask him on my next recharge.
MpLi35d.png

Last edited: