Excitel Broadband: Internet goes down repeatedly. Starts working on shaking ethernet cable.

if your lco is not interested in getting this fixed permanently, start looking for a different service provider.

excitel in my area is working great in my side of the sector. but my friends living on the other side are facing massive problem and are now moving out.

well if its working now you should wait and see, if it happens again complain to CC. May be change your password just for precaution.

if your lco is not interested in getting this fixed permanently, start looking for a different service provider.

excitel in my area is working great in my side of the sector. but my friends living on the other side are facing massive problem and are now moving out.
well in my area too their service used to be really good, i have been using their connection from i guess more than a year now and it was really good ( except from their usual packet loss ) but from past one month i am having all sorts of trouble with them like connectivity issue, slow upload speed, frequent disconnection. if its a connectivity issue they usually fix it in less than 4-5 hours but if its a frequent disconnection or speed issue then they sure take their own sweet time to fix it, usually around 24- 48 hours.

@Smh for now it seems like that strange issue is gone its been more than 48 hours since i had to do my thing to fix it, it did went down somewhere in the middle but this time it got back on on its own and it was short enough that i didn't noticed it. i only know it went down because we can check our sessions.

@Sushubh @Smh from past couple of hours im facing even more stranger issue. Now my router has completed stopped detecting my wan cable, it is showing up as disconnected in settings pages of my router. So i thought maybe there is connectivity issue but when connected cable directly to my desktop, it started working through dial up setup. then i thought maybe my router's wan port is at fault here but then when i tried connecting other lan cables to it those showed up as connected.
this is weirder then before.
If anyone have any idea what might be happening here let me know cause im clueless here.

hard to say what could be going on. if you have access to another router, check with that. i can only imagine that the ethernet cable is messed up.

it could be ethernet cable or corrosion in connector pins or faulty switch port causing sync issues. You have to check for all of these problems and figure which one is it.

Contact CC and your local cable guy.

@Sushubh everything is back to normal now. My router is detecting ethernet cable and speeds are also back to normal.
@Smh there is not even a bit of corrosion in connecters or ports. they all are as good as new.
as for LCO, i dont even know who my lco is. somehow they fixed every issue i have ever faced in last one year without ever visiting my place.

well its time to finally meet your lco.

didn't you met him when your connection was installed ?

networking stuff (wire, switches,router) do not require a lot of regular physical maintenance if properly installed.

@Sushubh @Smh @philip marlowe anyone facing any strange issue with excitel like right now or from past couple of hours. i was facing no connectivity issue from past couple of hours, it just started working but speeds were low so i just shook the cable and speeds came back to normal so just i just off phone, i told them that i think their is something wrong with that cable at my end cause it starts working by shaking cable but he said that in that case u should be having frequent disconnections which u r not having according to your sessions.
on my excitel portal they posted that their is some upstream issue going on right now which they will fix in 2 hours thats why im asking are guys are also facing some trouble cause that will in isolating both issues.

finally i guy came at my place and repunched the wire. for now it is working great but lets see how long it will last.