Excitel Broadband: Has your LCO upgraded local network to Fiber to handle additional load?

• Thread starter Thread starter john_dud
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 8,298
ISP
Excitel, Airtel XStream
Here's their latest excuse.
Dear Subscriber,

Thanks for writing us, We are deeply apologies for this inconvenience caused to you. As per your concern we would like to inform you that as per our local service operator , right now they have some local issue at your end, and as per them they will upgrade their network within next 1-2 week. so we requested you to kindly wait for this time period we will surely resolve this. We again sorry for this inconvenience

For more kindly revert us

Thanks for choosing Excitel

lol @john-dud same
my lco said he is upgrading it to fibre network from the past month and still nothing and those frequent drops still continuing

he also said excitel gonna drop the price even more in delhi
don't know if it's true

lol @john-dud same
my lco said he is upgrading it to fibre network from the past month and still nothing and those frequent drops still continuing

he also said excitel gonna drop the price even more in delhi
don't know if it's true
And now they backtracked. It went from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 weeks.
Dear Subscriber,

Thanks for writing us, We are deeply apologies for this inconvenience caused to you. As per your concern we would like to inform you that as per our local service operator ,right now they have some local issue at your end, and as per them they will upgrade their network within next 2-3 week. so we requested you to kindly wait for this time period we will surely resolve this. We again sorry for this inconvenience

For more kindly revert us

Thanks for choosing Excitel

well i doubt , my lco will ever upgrade to fiber network .

but john , if your lco is indeed moving to fiber network then i guess it will be worth the wait for you. once he goes fiber, all the issues should get fixed on its own . so i would say , have patience

They said they resolved all speed related issues but apparently they didn't as shown by the speedtest results below, waiting for their latest excuse.
6328718867.png

6328720496.png

6328722144.png

6328723444.png

6328724758.png

LCO said that they have already dropped other ISPs from their offering because no other ISP provides such cheap service and according to him fiber has been laid, but will take another month to migrate.
He himself said running internet on copper is indeed very costly and that they would shift to fiber very soon. He also adviced me to stay on the 50mbps plan since true 100mbps won't be attainable on his network yet.
I'm averaging around 30mbps down and almost 50mbps up for past one month.

Last edited:
So Excitel CSE said they won't be helping if you don't get good speeds on other speedtest servers as long as you get good results on Excitel server. He also ensured that the line has been upgraded in my area and all speed issues have been resolved, I'm still running speedtests on hourly basis on my pi and will reopen my ticket as soon as I see low speeds which I'm sure I will because it's weekend.

LCO said that they have already dropped other ISPs from their offering because no other ISP provides such cheap service and according to him fiber has been laid, but will take another month to migrate.
He himself said running internet on copper is indeed very costly and that they would shift to fiber very soon. He also adviced me to stay on the 50mbps plan since true 100mbps won't not be attainable on his network yet.
I'm averaging around 30mbps down and almost 50mbps up for past one month.

wow. good thing your lco knows what fiber is. good days await you my friend.

So looks like my LCO has actually fixed all speed related, didn't choke this weekend.

Results of last 24 Hours
Code:
https://pastebin.com/wbje2stV

Latest taken now
gvVc3Hhld.eA0hrNa8R.png

Last edited:
Mine said he's already on fiber. I am inclined to believe him since I get consistently good speeds.
V6402yv.png

Another proof that my connection is absolute shite these days.
-- dead tinypic image removed --

@Sidharth P I already have a PIA subscription, don't have problems with browsing because I've configured MSS clamping on my router, it's just that downloads choke every now and then. Now it's fine but it slows to a crawl on weekends.
-- dead tinypic image removed --

Last edited: