Excitel Broadband has clarified that they have no plan to inject ads on their platform (cool stuff)

• Thread starter Thread starter angryduck
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,328
From their privacy policy:

"The Company plans to display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - age, gender, address etc."

This thread has got me quite concerned. Hopefully there won't be any similar funny business with ad popups too.

Excitel | Privacy Policy

screenshot.
synpx7K.png

One has to wonder... Why can't this company charge 100-200 rupees more per month and stop with this bullshit.

Indeed. The "no FUP" approach is certainly consumer friendly but then they go and "plans to display" (not started ads yet?) something like this - hopefully this will change/improve.

Agree. I'm mostly impressed with their plans and everything so far. Would gladly pay 100-200 more if they could be cool about privacy and security too.
Hopefully someone from their team reading this will take heed

@Excitel has visited this page. and did not bother responding. so it looks like they are going to pretend all is well in their la la land.

also posted this on their facebook page. not that it matters.

Source

Hi Sushubh,

We would like to officially confirm that we have NO plans for targeted advertising. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it was an inadvertent legal glitch, which we will rectify soon. Apologies for the confusion caused.

I have also officially responded to your comment on our Facebook page regarding this.

@Sushubh I'm very much serious about the service quality and security. Could you please confirm me if the injecting issue is solved or I should still stay away from @Excitel?

Injection is not an issue that can be solved. It's something they can do at any time. MTNL does it. BSNL does it. Airtel has done it.