Excitel Broadband Data Limit?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,736
D

Deleted member 63558

Hey. I would like to know the data limit/quota of Excitel Broadband in reality?

P.S.: I know there is nothing very much unlimited truly. Even if it's in TB, I would like to know!

Well I think it is truly unlimited because no one on this forum has ever complained of FUP being implemented.

I do remember one guy who said he saw speed slowdown. Might be for some other ISP. But I do believe it was Excitel. But this is when the plans were still 50 and less.

They no longer have a counter in the backend as they say it's pointless because unlimited. I have crossed 1TB when counter existed in the backend.

Ok they do have session usage details but no total usage counter.

I once touched 2TB in a month, I guess that's proof enough that there's no FUP.

2TB data means nothing if you are streaming Netflix or Amazon video for hours at top quality. Amazon states that at highest quality, their video can consume 6GB per hour. Netflix is similar.

A lot of us do not download stuff these days. Streaming is more convenient and you really do not keep track of your usage when you are binge watching shows on an unlimited connection.

My occasional steaming requirements are more than met on this ACT connection with 175 GB itself. Used to have Netflix but i only have Amazon Prime now.

What worked in my favor I guess is the Jio Unlimited Offer - this helped in offloading the Youtube & other aggressive network utilization apps from consuming my precious GB's on the primary wired connection. Otherwise 3 of my family users finish their daily 1 GB quota almost regularly.