Excitel Account Suspended for Commercial Usage (Baseless Claim)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 11,890
D

Deleted member 63558

Hello, I woke up this morning and they have suspended my account. I called the support and they said "You have huge download in 4-5 days of connection installation and we think you are doing commercial usage of this connection".

I think they meant to said, I'm re-selling this to other people?

Np5OjPb.png

I was already very upset with the frequent disconnection which I fixed myself on my own without any help from the Excitel. And, Now they wrongfully suspended the account.

Why I would do this practice? I don't have time to do such cheap business practice.

@Sushubh Any help in this case?

Usage is high because I was downloading games from the Steam Games to test the speeds and connection stability because I was facing 1 disconnection per minute. And I fixed the issue myself and there was no help from Excitel. Read More Here: Excitel works fine on LAN but Frequently Disconnects on the Modem/Router (Checked 2 Modems Already) | Excitel Broadband

P.S.: I regret the decision of going with them. Seriously, this company has no fine sense of thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you been downloading heavily?.

Yes @Sai I was downloading because I was checking the connection. (I had 1 disconnect per minute since the installation). So, to check that out, I had downloading running on Steam Games. All I was doing this to fix the connection myself because Excitel Support wasn't helping.

Since yesterday, I am seeing stable connection so I have stopped the downloading. (So my usage of yesterday should not be more than 30 Gb)

P.S.: I am 100% not doing any commercial usage of this connection and not reselling to anyone. I clearly have no time to do such cheap business tactics.

Edit: Excitel works fine on LAN but Frequently Disconnects on the Modem/Router (Checked 2 Modems Already) | Excitel Broadband

This is my thread of troubleshooting.

ISP's identify the number of devices connected to their network by looking at TTL value in IP packet header. Did you have 10+ devices connected? How much data did you actually download/upload in the last 4-5 days?

@manojrk I might have more than 10+ Devices. I have myself owning 3 Mobile Phones + iPad + PC and Laptop. But I'm 100% using it for the home usage at the home address and there is no commercial activity involved.

It might have crossed somewhere 500Gb in the testing probably 700Gb (I can only confirm if I have the access to the account stats but that I don't have since they suspended).

But since yesterday I was seeing stability in the connection, so it's 30 Gb for yesterday only (Usage dropped as connection fixed, I stopped downloading).

Yeah, that might be the reason then. ISP's don't realize that it is normal for a family to own 10+ devices in 2018. I've heard even big ISP's like Hathway don't like having more devices connected to their network.

I'd suggest you to contact their nodal officer or appellate authority. I doubt regular cc has any say over account suspension.

@manojrk I have Hathway with me and I moved to Excitel because of poor services of Hathway but trust me, Hathway never took such actions (using same number of devices).

it worked on reliance as well in the past. the complaints i used to file were with department of telecom.

btw. the whole commercial usage excuse is bullshit. in my locality excitel is used by PGs all around the sector.

you cannot just sell connections to actual commercial entities and than use the excuse of commercial usage from residential customers.

i mean i get it... ~800GB in a few days is pretty hefty but that's what any new customer would do. abuse the network before settling down. at least warn the customer about excessive usage which is considered abusive usage behavior a couple of times before cutting the cord.

Commercial usage theory is ridiculous, they are selling their service in Chandni Chowk.......

What is Excess usage on an unlimited account.

Speak to CC and get clarification on actual reason of disconnection..... you may also speak to your LCO for the actual reason or ask for an immediate refund.

And I have had more than 10 devices so many times connected simultaneously.... No issues whatsoever.