Exchanging phone with broken display?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1,360
Nope. They don't even accept phones with any type of display defects i.e. horizontal/vertical lines, visible dead pixels, etc. They're very particular with display. Even if there are slight dents, kinks on the frame they accept it but not with any type of display issues.

Even if I give the phone for free?. It is just that I would like to dispose the phones for recycling instead of storing them. Have like half a dozen phones, earphones, chargers at home which are lying unused.

all official service centers should have recycling program for their own brand phones. though i am guessing since no one wants to dispose their dead/damaged phones for free... it does not really work like that in real world. during featurephone time, Nokia service centers closest to my place had a dedicated Dropbox for recycling old/dead phones. details should be available on official websites. probably not for local companies though.

yup. mncs like Nokia, htc and samsung should have them. recycling is a big thing in developed markets so they have to keep up with the same policies here.

Got a Moto C from Croma and they were kind enough to take few old devices (dead). Of course for free.

@Deep Saha - Sorry, I give the new earphones that come with phones away to local kids. Have Bose Quiet Comfort 35 & got Bose Soundsport Wireless for regular use last week. Not giving that away😛.