Excessive data usage problem with Reliance JioFi Router

Zahid

But many perhaps do not know the problem with the Jio fi router. I have been facing this problem. The router is ON. But all my of the devices connected to it by wifi are closed, or shut down,
And I get the report that my days data usage has been consumed.
This happens every now and then. I have complained so amny many times. Written detailed e mails , attaching their data usage charts , and certifying that it was not used by me at those times .
But I get no satisfactory answer. .I have changed my pass word too. But this problem continues.
Can any one share similar experience here ?
Zahid

Zahid

But how do I solve the problem ? There is no help coming from Jio people. I have changed the PW in thr wifi router. I heard some say that ""WPS"" setting has to do something with it. It is in the OFF mode any way. Is there some setting like WPA 2 I was reading about that might prevent the pilferage of data from my account.
Or If any one knows a contact in the JIO where I can get some help on this
Thanks
Zahid

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Can you check if all/any of your devices are doing auto software update downloads?

Usually this is the default setting in most OS (windows, iphone, android etc) and it consumes a lot of data at regular intervals. Since you wrote in first post "this happens every now and then".

Supriya Mishra

Yes.. Definitely the problem by Mr. Zahid is very accurate. My jio fi router also consumpes high speed data of 2 GB with in just 15 minutes. It happens regularly once in a week. I contacted to Jio support team but they are reluctant to accept their fault moreover they insist that consumer is telling perfectly lie. I am completely helpless. I just purchased jio router in March 2017 .... I also demand for a replacement but they refused to do so...Jio fi doesn't not support any other SIM of any operators ... Really completely waste of hard earned money.I think I can port out from Jio but then Jio fi will be turned into a paper weight. Suggestions are solicited. Thanks

socrates

Just adding my two pie's worth if any of you are using a device with win 10 please remember we have very little/no control when it does the s/w updates plus auto update in phones could be another reason. As a thumb rule follow this.
Change SSID: Don't use your name/flat no. (or whatever which can be connected to you) for this
802.11 Mode: If your devices are all on 'N' then select only 'N'
Wireless Security: Use WPA2-PSK
Wireless Encryption: Use AES
Security Key: Use a v long one