Excess Charge - pls help :(

• Thread starter Thread starter madbullraM
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,294

madbullraM

ISP
Airtel
Guys,I have been using Airtel 256 KBPS plan with night unlimited (9 pm to 7 am). I download using torrents from 9 to 7. Have been on this plan for last 1.5 yrs without any problem. My bill will always be arounf 400 rs to 500 rs depending upon how much I use during day time, i.e above my 400mb limit.This month i got a shock of my life. The bill was 4400 rs :OI checked the deatailed bill. On 18th feb, my download has started at 19.30 pm and the total bill for that day is 2880 rs 😡. Even by mistake my torrent download had started at 7.30 pm, in 1.5 hrs (from 9 pm its free) I could have downloaded a max of 150 MB. How can they bill 2880 rs for that?The cutsomer service gives me silly reason saying you downloaded so much so u r charged, we dont show UL time in the bill. Since its there in your bill its what you downloaded.Simple logic, how can i download in 1.5 hrs in a 256 connection download data worth 2800 rs? He says he lodged a compliant with bill department and I will get an answer by 8th April?What should I do now?Is there anyway I can check usage for the last month?

i think the time provided is the end time n not the start time.......

Yes; to check your usage, follow these steps:

Click that link: https://ebpp.airtelworld.com/care/RetailUserRegistration/ and fill up the form. Once your account is created, login here: https://ebpp.airtelworld.com/pkmslogout?filename=wpslogout.html

Then go to the 'Account Information' section. Click on your DSL ID. Click on 'View unbilled details'. Select the period and click on 'Submit'. Done!

Also email: care.tamilnadu@airtel.in and contact the nodal officer @ nodal.southabts@airtel.in or call 044-42100356.

If still you're in trouble, email appellate.southabts@airtel.in or call 044-420395830. Stop talking with the customer care and contact these officers directly. Customer care is waste of time in such matters.

Is there anyway I can check usage for the last month?

If you get Airtel printed bill , you will get the details of usage.
Ask for it.
In Selfcare web site it will be removed after a particular month's billing cycle..
Pay the bill less the disputed amount.
As advised take up with Nodal.
Now a days, difficult to get tariff plan ( NU free at 256Kbps at Rs 50 or Rs 99/=
charged as they wish by Airtel for old customers).

Airtel can show U/L usage in Selfcare. UNBILLED DATA PAGE.
It caused confusion for me ( I am on combo499 + free NU 9PM to 8AM Rs 99/=
2Mbps speed ). I ASKED FOR DISCONNECTION.
There is a customer retention cell , who will contact you.
Bangalore Airtel contacted me and reset the meter.
Now only chargeable data shown.

Warning: Once you disconnect say Goodbye to Free NU plan !
even if you reconnect Airtel later.

PS:In the website itself Registration option available.
Send email, in polite manner.
Airtel will not reply to you, ( but will contact on L/L)
other than an automated acknowledgement mostly.

Finally, AIRTEL can waive any amount. Local CC has limit of Rs 500/=

hi all,I got the printed bill today, it says:S.no : 45Date: 18/03/2009Time: 19:34:19K Byte: 21108873amiount: 2885.73This is where the problem is. I know for a fact my system was not switched on before 7.30 PM as I reached home with my laptop only by 7 PM. So the download started only at 7.30 pm right? I have NU starting at 9 pm. How can I download so much?

S.no : 45
Date: 18/03/2009
Time: 19:34:19 ( *start time )
K Byte: 21108873
SEE POST NO 3 for online complaint. More effective.
Your plan 256 Kbps means 32KB/sec (max) approx 2MB/min
One hour approx 100MB
in 1 hour and 30 minutes approx 150 MB.
Charges @ 80 paise per MB will amount to rs 120/= or say Rs 150/=
( if exceeded your monthly day usage quota . 400MB )
Tabulate previous six months BB usage and Bill amounts
and show your Surfing pattern.

SEND email to Airtel customer care Immediately.
You have a case for waiver. for full entry. ( with copy to Nodal.)
Quote any complaint number & date you obtained , when CC
was contacted on Phone .

I am also on similar plan but at 0900PM usage meter
is disconnected !!!! see my previous post.
Do you get ANY entry for the period 0900PM to 0800 AM free NU?AM

I dont get anything for 9 pm to 8 AM. But I see a lot for 8.01 for 4 days with each day being charged around 120 to 170 rs 🙁I have just sent an email to them 🙁

but sometimes these kind of mistakes would happen and go to AIRTEL store and explain them maybe it would help u in someway:redface:

mail last ess calculation to CC and nodal.... i hope you'll get ur refund soon and do add - "YOU HAVE A FAULTY BILLING SYSTEM"

AIrtel nodal officer got back. They have waived Rs 2885. Its seems it was a technical glitch which didnt set the meter for NU.Time i move to BSNL unlimited can get 20% discount also as my dad is a retired govt employee