• Thread starter madbullraM
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 3,137
madbullraM

madbullraM

ISP
Airtel
Guys,I have been using Airtel 256 KBPS plan with night unlimited (9 pm to 7 am). I download using torrents from 9 to 7. Have been on this plan for last 1.5 yrs without any problem. My bill will always be arounf 400 rs to 500 rs depending upon how much I use during day time, i.e above my 400mb limit.This month i got a shock of my life. The bill was 4400 rs :OI checked the deatailed bill. On 18th feb, my download has started at 19.30 pm and the total bill for that day is 2880 rs :mad:. Even by mistake my torrent download had started at 7.30 pm, in 1.5 hrs (from 9 pm its free) I could have downloaded a max of 150 MB. How can they bill 2880 rs for that?The cutsomer service gives me silly reason saying you downloaded so much so u r charged, we dont show UL time in the bill. Since its there in your bill its what you downloaded.Simple logic, how can i download in 1.5 hrs in a 256 connection download data worth 2800 rs? He says he lodged a compliant with bill department and I will get an answer by 8th April?What should I do now?Is there anyway I can check usage for the last month?

A

ashishgoel

Don
ISP
MTNL & Airtel
i think the time provided is the end time n not the start time.......

iChaitanya

iChaitanya

ISP
airtel & RCOM
Yes; to check your usage, follow these steps:

Click that link: https://ebpp.airtelworld.com/care/RetailUserRegistration/ and fill up the form. Once your account is created, login here: https://ebpp.airtelworld.com/pkmslogout?filename=wpslogout.html

Then go to the 'Account Information' section. Click on your DSL ID. Click on 'View unbilled details'. Select the period and click on 'Submit'. Done!

Also email: [email protected] and contact the nodal officer @ [email protected] or call 044-42100356.

If still you're in trouble, email [email protected] or call 044-420395830. Stop talking with the customer care and contact these officers directly. Customer care is waste of time in such matters.

E

essbebe

ISP
BSNL
Is there anyway I can check usage for the last month?

If you get Airtel printed bill , you will get the details of usage.
Ask for it.
In Selfcare web site it will be removed after a particular month's billing cycle..
Pay the bill less the disputed amount.
As advised take up with Nodal.
Now a days, difficult to get tariff plan ( NU free at 256Kbps at Rs 50 or Rs 99/=
charged as they wish by Airtel for old customers).

Airtel can show U/L usage in Selfcare. UNBILLED DATA PAGE.
It caused confusion for me ( I am on combo499 + free NU 9PM to 8AM Rs 99/=
2Mbps speed ). I ASKED FOR DISCONNECTION.
There is a customer retention cell , who will contact you.
Bangalore Airtel contacted me and reset the meter.
Now only chargeable data shown.

Warning: Once you disconnect say Goodbye to Free NU plan !
even if you reconnect Airtel later.

PS:In the website itself Registration option available.
Send email, in polite manner.
Airtel will not reply to you, ( but will contact on L/L)
other than an automated acknowledgement mostly.

Finally, AIRTEL can waive any amount. Local CC has limit of Rs 500/=

S

srinitheultimate

FERROCIOUS_TIGER
ISP
AIRTEL,TATA
i agree with MR.essbebe as the printed bill will give u all info on usage:cool2:

madbullraM

madbullraM

ISP
Airtel
hi all,I got the printed bill today, it says:S.no : 45Date: 18/03/2009Time: 19:34:19K Byte: 21108873amiount: 2885.73This is where the problem is. I know for a fact my system was not switched on before 7.30 PM as I reached home with my laptop only by 7 PM. So the download started only at 7.30 pm right? I have NU starting at 9 pm. How can I download so much?

E

essbebe

ISP
BSNL
S.no : 45
Date: 18/03/2009
Time: 19:34:19 ( *start time )
K Byte: 21108873
SEE POST NO 3 for online complaint. More effective.
Your plan 256 Kbps means 32KB/sec (max) approx 2MB/min
One hour approx 100MB
in 1 hour and 30 minutes approx 150 MB.
Charges @ 80 paise per MB will amount to rs 120/= or say Rs 150/=
( if exceeded your monthly day usage quota . 400MB )
Tabulate previous six months BB usage and Bill amounts
and show your Surfing pattern.

SEND email to Airtel customer care Immediately.
You have a case for waiver. for full entry. ( with copy to Nodal.)
Quote any complaint number & date you obtained , when CC
was contacted on Phone .

I am also on similar plan but at 0900PM usage meter
is disconnected !!!! see my previous post.
Do you get ANY entry for the period 0900PM to 0800 AM free NU?AM

madbullraM

madbullraM

ISP
Airtel
I dont get anything for 9 pm to 8 AM. But I see a lot for 8.01 for 4 days with each day being charged around 120 to 170 rs :(I have just sent an email to them :(

S

srinitheultimate

FERROCIOUS_TIGER
ISP
AIRTEL,TATA
but sometimes these kind of mistakes would happen and go to AIRTEL store and explain them maybe it would help u in someway:redface:

A

ashishgoel

Don
ISP
MTNL & Airtel
mail last ess calculation to CC and nodal.... i hope you'll get ur refund soon and do add - "YOU HAVE A FAULTY BILLING SYSTEM"

madbullraM

madbullraM

ISP
Airtel
AIrtel nodal officer got back. They have waived Rs 2885. Its seems it was a technical glitch which didnt set the meter for NU.Time i move to BSNL unlimited can get 20% discount also as my dad is a retired govt employee