Excellent internet speeds on Vodafone Idea Sim

nishantt6969

I got banned!
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber (300Mbps)
Router : RPi-4B (OpenWrt), TP-Link A6 (AP)
I tried speedtest on my VI simcard for the first time and the speeds are really good.

Time of test : 3:45 am

I did a speedtest on terrace and it is going above 120mbps.

90 mbps that to without CA I get 2CA (1+3) but still speeds are capped at 40 mbps.Can anyone tell that after reframing the 3G spectrum are they removing the 40 mbps cap??

@nishantt6969 Check speeds during the day and post the speed test results as during late night there is no congestion.

Network coverage & speeds are improved at my place in AndhraPradesh. Tried all the networks & ported back to VI. Never seen speeds below 30Mbps for the last 8 months. Nearby tower not tweaked with CA. Adjacent village(4kms) tower does enabled with 2CA & i get speeds like 110-120Mbps.
Airtel coverage & speeds sucks big time even though signals broadcast from same towers. Maybe network congestion.

Here in Mumbai, I am getting 50-60 Mbps during day and 90-100 at night between (12am to 6am)

Great stuff as their network must be getting abused between 12am to 6am night unlimited. Everyone munching on those delicious 4K Linux ISOs.

I don’t know for sure if it is using CA on iPhone 12 as service menu on newerApple devices is confusing at best.

Anyone in Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh seeing this deliciousness?
Gujarat. I tried my VI sim last month.
Early morning (around 6), DL 75 Mbps, UL 20 Mbps.
Afternoon, evening times: DL 5-20 Mbps, UL 8-9Mbps.
All speeds inside house.

This is with CA. Signal strength is Okayish (-100 to -110db). I also sometimes get 2500 band.