Excellent D/L Speeds

• Thread starter Thread starter baudhayan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 4,500
yesterday i was downloading an mp3 i got some freakin amazing speed...sad that i cant prvide a screen shot...7MB straight 2 Minutes!baudhyan, i think u should frame that screen shot for ur guests 🙂

Sometime it happens!!!!Specially when i download 900kb+ files it just hits 192 KBPS not 192Kpbs, The download vanishes in 3-5 seconds.....

It usually starts very high and then settles down to 27-28 Kbps.So if someone is downloading a file which is less than 1 Mb it just completes in some seconds...

baudhyan- tht screenshot u provided shows 258 Kbps n not KBps. 😛 tht will b around 32 KBps. wht imranais said was right, strts off wid great speed but comes down later n very small files complete just after u hardly even started them.

ofcourse its 258 kbps..but he is not getting that speed over a short file download -- he has already downloaded 10 MB at that rate.and if u are getting 258 K on 256 K line thats fantastic coz most of MTNL 256 K lines are synced at 256 K only which means that actual speed u should be getting is 215 Kbps after taking into account PPPoE loss which is abt 16 %

the max i ever got was a 42-48 KBps that was 11 in the morning! (which didnt last longer than 1/2 minute!? 🙁 )Avg - 26-28 KBps

I alwayz get speeds of 32+ everytime...

I have uploaded a video earlier of my download manager, now i am uploading it again, for those who havent seen it yet

Code:
http://link-removed.de/files/11165774/speed.avi.html
(326kb)

looks cool isn't it 🙂

Mine stabilises at 30KBps...occasionally hits 31, then comes back down. But speeds still suck in the afternoons. Am actually thinking of switching to the 512kbps plan for a month, then back to NU and hoping that they forget to cap my speeds. 😛

Whoa! seems like you are on a 8 mbps kind of stuff there dude. No limits huh. I get about 30 after I did some broadband optimizations other than that the norm is 24 - 26.Good for you. hope its still showering there.

Originally posted by cyberwiz@Jan 16 2006, 01:50 PM
ofcourse its 258 kbps..but he is not getting that speed over a short file download -- he has already downloaded 10 MB at that rate.

and if u are getting 258 K on 256 K line thats fantastic coz most of MTNL 256 K lines are synced at 256 K only which means that actual speed u should be getting is 215 Kbps after taking into account PPPoE loss which is abt 16 %
[snapback]39390[/snapback]
[/quote]

i know that the speed is after downloading 10 mb. but some people do get speeds like 30-32 KBps as a couple of guys have mentioned above. i myself get average speeds of around 26-28 KBps. but it depends, if im downloading from a ftp server i get upto 30 KBps. i have noticed particularly when programs are updating themselves they download at a greater speed.