• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,218

arnav_ch

Regulars
ISP
2 mbps @ 849NU(MTNL)
Hi,
I have been a MTNL mumbai user since long back when they had the 4500 unlimited plan.
After that, i migrated to the Rs.2500 100 Gb plan.

Usually never needed any support except once when i needed a Sim change and that was handled pretty fast the CSC.

Just wanted to let users know about my current experience.
So, I use the Sim in Mumbai, Pune and Currently have just Moved onto Bangalore where i am using my MTNL mumbai sim on Roaming for Data Only.
Since moving to bangalore, was facing a severe speed issue and speeds never crossed 50 kbps (the kbps is correct) which from my understanding, was slower that my vodafone 2g which i use on Mobile (unfortunately, vodafone does not have 3g in Karnataka).
After filing 2-3 complaints and getting pissed off, i finally wrote a email explaining my problem in details, providing my contact number and all relevant information and emailed to a few emails ids i found. i will not post them here but they are available on the MTNL mumbai website for all.(if someone is not able to find it and has tried all other resolution mechanisms, let me know and i will provide it)
This i sent at around 11 Am 23rd July 2014 (yesterday)
Now the magic started happening. Within ~30 mins get a call from MTNL Mumbai clarifying my problem and asking locations details of where exactly i am and so on.
This was followed up by an Email confirming that the problem is under resolution and both MTNL and BSNL(since karnataka is BSNL) officials have been informed and that i should be getting multiple calls from different locations soon and continuous followup happening.
Next, around 3 Pm, someone from MTNL mumbai called me saying that we have not found any problems with the MTNL network in Mumbai and the problem lies somewhere else and we can only check once i come back to mumbai. she did not seem to know i was not in mumbai but in bangalore (maybe this person was not informed )
next around 15 mins after that, i get another call confirming the same as above and updating me that BSNL has been informed and they are continuously following up on this and will keep me updated.They also mentioned that they are sharing my contact details with BSNL and i should expect a call soon.

around 5 Pm, i get a call from BSNL asking me mylocation details, where i am using and so on.
Now, Today, around 11 Am, i get a call from MTNL mumbai asking me when is the best time to call me and put me on conference with a team from BSNL (was shocked that they actually care about mytime preference)
Now, i get a call from MTNL and then they put me in conference with a guy from ZTE - BSNL which i think handles their network in Karnataka.
Did not need to explain anything else and the guy from BSNL just asked me to connect to internet and check the speed and he is doing the same from his end (something like adding my number on his monitor or something).
Seeing vast improvement in speed. Youtube videos playing perfectly.
In the past 1 hour, i have already received 3 confirmation calls(from the same guy from MTNL) for the speed issue, explaining me the issue and apologizing and providing direct contact details of the person from BSNL and asking me to call him directly for any issues i face in future.
Sorry for the Long post but this kind of a service given by MTNL was worth the post.
btw, currently getting 2 mbps in Bangalore on 3G

I keep saying this. If you complain using the right channels, mtnl does work very well!**apart from the VDSL issues, sanke1 and kickass faced earlier on 😛

x720 said:
I keep saying this. If you complain using the right channels, mtnl does work very well!**apart from the VDSL issues, sanke1 and kickass faced earlier on :tongue:
hahaha.
true.

x720 said:
I keep saying this. If you complain using the right channels, mtnl does work very well!
Same goes with BSNL. I get 4-5 confirmation calls from different levels once the issue is resolved. It still can't match airtel broadband service though.

Did hear of a similar experience from BSNL here in Bangalore, a friend of mine started having speed issues on his 4 Mbps connection & one the support personnel worked with him personally till all the issues were sorted out. *he now gets around 4 Mbps of DL & nearly 1 Mbps of UL constantly, with an average latency of around 40ms on the normal ADSL line
I wish we had a few more of such good support people in companies like BSNL, i would have still been with them