ExattNet

• Thread starter Thread starter mxyzptlk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 11,549

mxyzptlk

FIRST POST!I stay in Bombay and was using my local cableguy's ISP (net9online) for the past year. He was offering me 28 kbps unlimited for 750 a month. He's still stuck on the same rates. In December, I shifted to this other ISP called Exattnet. Much cheaper, great prices. They were offering 128 kbps Unlimited for Rs. 875 a month ... and if you paid for 3/6/9/12 months in advance, the price went down accordingly. Quite a good deal.For the whole of December, I get great speeds ... around 12-16 constant on DC++, Azureus/BitComet and eMule (not at the same time of course ... I mean I was fluctuating between those speeds overall regardless of how many softwares I had open).Then second week of January onwards, my ISP decides that I've downloaded enough and my speeds drop to about 10 KB/s on all p2p softwares and 12 KB/s on direct downloads. I complain and fight for a while, but the guy says that this is the speed I'll get and I resign to it. But then comes March! w00t! ExattNet just dropped their prices. From March 1st onwards, I'm getting 256 kbps for Rs. 720 a month! And as in the previous scheme, their prices fall further if you plan on paying for 3/6/9/12/18 months in advance. Sify? Hathway? Reliance? Tata? eeeshcrew you!I recommend exattnet to ALL of the users in bombay ... very cheap rates when compared with any other ISP here.

good to hear that.

bah!nothing to beat my brand new bsnl 512k connection...theres even 1mbps for those who can offord rs 3000 to 3500 per month!woohoo, life is eesshweet!

Yeah ROFL.........Wait until ur 'unlimited' offer gets over, and then see. You'll be done with ur dl limit in one week 😉 😉 😛 😛

or let BSNL get more consumers and see the speeds vanish. or let some technical problems occur and try to find the customer support. there are lots of potential problems.

Dude what is the speed u get and are u satisfied wid da connbtw what is the downntime u get in a month i mean how many times does the net service go down in a month

i mean the exattnet connection coz i'm planning to get it and i've tried contacting them several times but they aint responding at all

hehe, yea, til june... but im on monthly plan... i can cancel anytime... but what if there are NO providers who give better service?! boohoo

Ah, Sorry I never replied. I totally forgot I posted here 😀

Anyway, I've been using exatt for 6 months now. Personal experience so far is this -
Exattnet is quite helpful. Sure, you'll have to call them twice to solve any problem, but all ISPs do that anyway. The best part about them so far has been the lack of downtimes. About half an hour of downtime, twice a month max.

The rates at exattnet do differ according to which area you stay in. But by all comparisons, I've found exattnet to be by far the best in terms of value for money. I get a consistent speed of 23KB/s and up, and am losing quite a bit in overhead. An average of 25-26 KB/s is a fair bet. And this, for a shared broadband connection, is quite all right for me. A daily download of 2GB is more than sufficient in my books.

Another thing about exatt - no port blocking whatsoever. I had a little trouble with port forwarding for bittorrent and I sent them an e-mail accordingly. They fixed the problem in 3 days, so the service is definitely competitive. The only real complaint I have about them is that they're still heavily relying on the local cablewallah, who will generally charge you a bit more for maintenance and whatnot (depending on the area you live in). But all said and done, I'd still lobby for Exattnet.

Feel free to check out their offers at www.exattnet.net .

Hope this helped. If any more questions, I'd appreciate being mailed at mcmihir@hotmail.com because I don't check the forums often enough.

Feel free to check out their offers at www.exattnet.net . [/b]

It is http://www.exatt.net

They have taken their international bandwidth of 310MBs from Airtel's i2i cable via Chennai to Singapore and their national backbone from PowerGrid.

But even though their gateway is located in Chennai, they are not yet providing service here. 🙁

But their 256k, unlimited plan at Rs 5600/- annual payment (or Rs 720pm) is the *BEST* so far in all of India. 🙂 Their 512K plan is also very good. (Only ~Rs900 on annual payment).

Anyone else usng their service, post your feedback.

CONGRATS to Exatt, for coming out with the best rates.

vince you need to read my signature below... in case you missed reading the simple list of rules and regulations of this forum 🙂

Terribly sorry...A small suggestion, could you increase the size of the left column containin the names, connection type, etc, coz that widens the post.....Thanks.

errm. well i do not have much control over the layout of the template. but i access the forum in all the three popular rendering engines IE, Firefox and Opera. and this forum looks good enough on all these three on the most popular 3 resolutions. maybe a screenshot would help...