exattnet

• Thread starter Thread starter cool84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,118

cool84

plz help meplz tell me how to check my exattnet connection speed is 40k,64k,128k,256ki am using from mulund & how i connect my friend pc in lan .it also has exattnet in mulund

download a file and say at wht speed u downloaded that file....say u using dap and u get the file download at an avg of 16kBps.........then multiply that by 8...that means u have 128kbps net

just close the rest of the applications which might access the net and slow it down 😉

Dont use the DAP..This may not give the right speed but accelarated speed instead ..disable dap browser integration and try.This will give you the right download speed

i do not think dap can download at more than his allotted speeds. if other applications cannot utilize the available bandwidth, it is not the fault of the ISP.

I have tried that....DAP downlaods at greater speeds that too from the same site....

exactly. it just squeezes the max bandwith available. it cannot cheat your ISP!

There's an option to enable the showing of instantaneous bandwidth 😉

If you are on lan internet like hotwire or sify and the local cable guy uses hubs, then DU meter is useless, it doesnt indicate the correct speed. Even with zero data transfer and no internet applications running it shows a constant download speed of 4-5 Kbps ie the data packets hitting your lan card which are not meant for u are recorded by the program as data from internet.

Use BW meter from www.desksoft.com where you can specify the local area network ip addresses and thus differentiate between Lan traffic and internet traffic.