ExattNet: Bandwidth woes :-(

• Thread starter Thread starter tdoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 9,091

tdoc

Are any other users of ExattNet in Mumbai having their bandwidth throttled? Since the last one month i have had my d/l speed steadily declining and have received no replies, rude behaviour and a take it or leave it attitude.I have taken their 512K Single User Unlimited connection and paid in advance for a year. The connection was fantastic three months back with speeds of 60 - 63 KB/s, currently it is down to 20 - 28 KB/s.All complaints have fallen on deaf ears and according to a manager i spoke to, this will be the state of affairs to come. Exatt plans to strictly adhere to TRAI guidlines on the definition of broadband and will offer only 50 to 70% of the bandwidth that one pays for.I have already paid for the whole year and would like to know whether any other users have managed to get their money back on selecting a lower/slower connection.TIA 🙂P.S. I read other posts on Hubs run by Exatt users, could someone guide a newbie on how to connect to such hubs?

no problem at our end.for the hub...which area in mumbai ... do u live.

no problem here. am using it since the past 20 days or so. minimum downtimes. no loss of speed. will be on a lookout though. hey by the way... which area do u belong to. im from andheri east and am also interested in these hubs. have heard a lot... any help appreciated. thnx.

Originally posted by NeXgeN@Jun 23 2005, 09:24 AM
no problem at our end.

for the hub...which area in mumbai ... do u live.
[snapback]13513[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mahim

Franchisee is Net9Online from Prabhadevi

yes i absolutely agree with tdoc , i live in Dadar area . downloads ARE capped to 32 kbps (i.e if ur having 512 K) after u cross the 10 GB mark .... i have the same connection as tdoc , Exatt 512k single user unlimited for a year .... and u are again true , those exatt ppl are EXTREMELY rude + i myself have a problem of getting disconnected after EXACTLY 5 hours , i am complaining to them since 20 days but they are never willing to help ...EDIT:-and forgot to add , even my line comes through net9online ...

same here. guys... 5 hrs and disc..also my b/w was capped for a few days at 128 kbps.. but after much fighting by my CTO wid those guys.. he has restored my b/w...i'll be changing my username frm the next month . so i will not get disconnected ..

Originally posted by t3kj2nky@Jun 24 2005, 03:02 PM
same here. guys... 5 hrs and disc..
also my b/w was capped for a few days at 128 kbps.. but after much fighting by my CTO wid those guys.. he has restored my b/w...
i'll be changing my username frm the next month . so i will not get disconnected ..
[snapback]13607[/snapback]
[/quote]

For the disconnection problem, I would highly recommend CiDial as a dialer for any connection. Can be downloaded at ( http://dw.com.com/redir?pid=3293014&merid=...ck%2Fcidial.zip )

You can read reviews at http://www.download.com/CiDial/3640-2155_4-3293014.html before you try it.

Nagware, you have to click a dialog box to start it. Simply superb. Use Raspppoe to setup a connection to Exatt and select that connection in CiDial.

The main site www.aldensoft.com seems to be down, so get it while you still can from the above link.

How will changing username help? As far as i know they don't even allow you to change your password.

Not true in my case... i can change my password...i m the only one who is getting cut off after 5 hrs of continuous connection. others on lan using exatt are having no such problems.. ( i hav cheked their usage summary ) and they dont get disc at all..i'll surely get the username change done. coz wid the redialing i lose connection to bittorrent n/ws.>> btw the windows dialer is not bad ( i use it as automatic dial on startup and connects am wen i get disc )

i dont think its a problemwith exacttnet ...i am getting no disconnection after large downloads or any capping issues. seems to be largely local....get it checked out .i dont think that its capped for some peopleand not for a few.exactt is still rocking here

ya Mr.X..its area specific.. i chked up wid a lot of ppl... the 5 hrs and disc is happenin only for some pppl.. like for example a frnd of mine on the same lan doesnt face the prob but i do. so they have done it wid a few ppl. and hope so the capping issues are gone for good.. fingers crossed!

Hey guys found this forum accidently while looking for the net9online site...BTW i am from dadar and a subcriber of net9online and have an exatt 256k connection...i am facing the same bandwidth problems as you guys are...and to top it all my connection gets disconnected every 5 hrs!!! and this is happenin since 2 months!!Those ppl @ Exatt are extremely rude bloody a$$holes...and net9online isnt of any help....I am having to live with this coz there are no other options!!BTW do you guys with net9online have any local hubs?? and since the past few weeks i cant connect to ppl on the lan!!

The 5 hour disconnect problem is a net9online speciality. Never had it before June, did you? I had the same problem here btw. Now, i don't get disconnected. The data transfer simply stops after 2 hours of idle time. The dialer is still in the tray, but no data transfer whatsoever. And I called up net9, who said "Yes sir, that will always happen." Idiots. When I told them it didn't happen for 7 months, i got the staple "I'll send an engineer over." Still waiting.A large chunk of exatt's problems are due to the local cable operators. I have spoken with a lot of people who're using exatt in different areas. Every line leased from net9 has the 5 hour disconnect problem. Also, some lines in bandra, Andheri East and Tardeo are facing various issues.Btw, I read up a bit on this, and you could easily file a PIL against net9/exatt. But the only problem is that considering we're all crying for high speed unlimited data transfer, I would assume that there's some illegal downloading involved. So the ISP could pretty much hand us back our asses 😀.

Originally posted by mxyzptlk@Jul 21 2005, 07:25 PM
Btw, I read up a bit on this, and you could easily file a PIL against net9/exatt. But the only problem is that considering we're all crying for high speed unlimited data transfer, I would assume that there's some illegal downloading involved. So the ISP could pretty much hand us back our asses 😀.
[snapback]17621[/snapback]
[/quote]

Contract you have with an ISP is for data transfer, not the content of that data. If they tell you they will give you some data at a certain price you have a right to expect that. You might think they can screw you but think about this, they have allowed you to do so in the past and everyone else as well.. ISPs dont want to get into the policing business since they are seen as faciliators in this game. And heh a major driver for broadband acceptance for the consumerin the absence of any other video on demand.

So does that mean they are just as guilty ?

IANAL but something to think about.

I would never sign a 1 yr contract for anything here. Seeing that you have, am not sure how screwed u are yet 🙁

Originally posted by blr_p@Jul 21 2005, 09:44 PM
Contract you have with an ISP is for data transfer, not the content of that data. If they tell you they will give you some data at a certain price you have a right to expect that. You might think they can screw you but think about this, they have allowed you to do so in the past and everyone else as well.. ISPs dont want to get into the policing business since they are seen as faciliators in this game.  And heh a major driver for broadband acceptance for  the consumerin the absence of any other video on demand.

So does that mean they are just as guilty ?

IANAL but something to think about.

I would never sign a 1 yr contract for anything here. Seeing that you have, am not sure how screwed u are yet 🙁
[snapback]17644[/snapback]
[/quote]

if you use your network to download pirated digital content, you can get sued for that. ISPs cannot control what you do on your computer but if they have the logs and the laws are strict enough, you can be screwed.