Exatt && Linux

• Thread starter Thread starter jace48
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,067

jace48

Hello all,Does exatt provides Linux connection?Last time when I asked them for it they flatly refused (ofc via my vendor) I did go through the pacenet linux thread. Does any such alternative exists for exatt? Or it there anyway to fool the exatt server into beliving that connection is via windows when I am connecting via linux?Thanx

AFAIK , you dont need any special account to use Exatt in Linux....just tell me which distro you are using , I will tell you the steps to setup iExatt in Linux.

QUOTE(aniketvb @ Oct 22 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]66238[/snapback]
AFAIK , you dont need any special account to use Exatt in Linux....just tell me which distro you are using , I will tell you the steps to setup iExatt in Linux.
[/b]

I have OpenSuse 10x I was able to connect earlier, but now they have changed the authentication system and typical window system you need to install a dialer client to get it working.

Rgds

jace, dont you have other options like MTNL or something? If you dont then fight with them. You have to make them support Linux. We cant be overlooked anymore! There are sizeable proportion of Linux users now! If nothing works then use aniket's method.

QUOTE(max @ Oct 23 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]66321[/snapback]
jace, dont you have other options like MTNL or something? If you dont then fight with them. You have to make them support Linux. We cant be overlooked anymore! There are sizeable proportion of Linux users now! If nothing works then use aniket's method.
[/b]

I understand that. Fact remains that we do not have any alternative internet provide that has good connection and they are being arrogant take it or leave it type. My cablewala supports my idea but unfortunately the main exatt support center is the root cause

I followed info from below given link.
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/i...hp/t-82441.html

It turns that they have changed the authentication system

Shout your head off at the root center then! Create a scene. If you want take along a few bhai logs! 😛 Dont settle until they either give you a Linux account!

QUOTE(max @ Oct 23 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]66415[/snapback]
Shout your head off at the root center then! Create a scene. If you want take along a few bhai logs! 😛 Dont settle until they either give you a Linux account!
[/b]

Had a talk with him. It's not possible. They do not have @linuxuser domain stuffs. They have only one concept either single user or multi user. In multi user mode you can connect from any dam machine as long as it has pppoe. With single user account it's only and only windows that can connect. Provided what if I figure out how to connect authenticate on with standard windows dialup as well. It's still a long way. I waiting for info from aniketvb, it might give me a head start

What Dialer you are needed to install in windows?....If its standard raspppoe or pppoecfg stuff then it will work with linux without any problems....ALso post the results of your pppoe query ...how many access concentrators /services you have...then I will be able to tell you...also possibly post a screenshot of the dialer you use in windows.

QUOTE(aniketvb @ Oct 24 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]66501[/snapback]
What Dialer you are needed to install in windows?....If its standard raspppoe or pppoecfg stuff then it will work with linux without any problems....ALso post the results of your pppoe query ...how many access concentrators /services you have...then I will be able to tell you...also possibly post a screenshot of the dialer you use in windows.
[/b]

The dialer is log2space dialer which initiates standard windows dialer. What I have gussed it that it changes the password of the Windows dialier for authentication. If I try to connect it directly using standard windows dialer it does not works. As for the access connector I have only one.

Ask them to put you in leased line mode then! You have an unlimited package right?! WTF? Why are Linux users not being served! Not everyone uses Windoze! Man....!! This is humiliating! 😡

There is a work around then....which I cant post on the open forum, I can mail you the details...but lemme remind you its a little hard work......not for the technically weak hearted

QUOTE(aniketvb @ Oct 24 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]66544[/snapback]
There is a work around then....which I cant post on the open forum, I can mail you the details...but lemme remind you its a little hard work......not for the technically weak hearted
[/b]

I ready for the work. Thanx. I have trouble sending PM to users here. So posting my email address here
It's trac6637 AT hotmail DOT com

Thanx once again

QUOTE(max @ Oct 25 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]66633[/snapback]
jace, i think u need some minimum no. of posts to send a PM.
[/b]

Thank you Max. I will go through the FAQ. Waiting for ankitvb's workaround