Exatt blocks VOIP...

max

Regulars
wow. there goes a promising ISP out of the window!

redstud

Originally posted by amogh_gulwady@Jan 12 2006, 12:51 AM
Any lawyers in here? Can we sue them, since VOIP is part of what they promise during installation?
[snapback]38959[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ya, any lawyers in here. I called the Exatt customer service (Andheri) yesterday and yelled my head off at them telling them that someone should take them to the press for suddenly capping connections, with no information what soever. Asked to know who is the person in-charge there and got the name of a Mohan Jha, who I believe is the Broadband Manager. The operator said he is not in office. I have left my numbers with the operator, saying that if I don't get a call back, will be taking this matter to the press....
Anyone know what we should be doing next? These guys have fleeced us enough..
BTW, I am an Exatt 256K unlimited user from Worli and am facing the same problem (DL of 16-17 KBps and UL of 29-30 KBps) since 1st january

Rush

Regulars
Its not even funny now! Its the same with all, but its really stupid on how they are capping,etc.. Coz my surfing is awfully slow ( time-out ) , but sometimes my download speed is about 22-23K Using dial-up at the moment to surf :( P.S: Getting Uncapped upload speed, Yesterday nite i was getting 280K.

Rush

Regulars
How much are you paying for 256 UL ?

redstud

Originally posted by d3Fi4nt@Jan 13 2006, 11:53 PM
How much are you paying for 256 UL ?
[snapback]39117[/snapback]
[/quote]

I pay on a quarterly basis... 2400.00 for a quarter...800 per month 256K unlimited from exatt..

Rush

Regulars
Exactly.... and i am assuming u r taking it thru a CTO ( coz u r in worli ) .I know others who use 256 @ 800 bucks.. Some people are just plain lucky!