Evil Companies: Apple,Asus,Canon,Dell,Epson,General,Gionee,JBL,Lenovo,Nokia,Nikon,Samsung,Sharp

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 113
  • Views Views 17,522

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Companies such as Sony, Apple, Canon, Nokia and Samsung are planning to clamp down on distribution to sellers in popular online marketplaces and issue customer advisories not to buy from e-commerce portals as they are not authorised trade partners. Such products could even be fake and hence lead to problems with warranty support. The companies are looking to fight back against what they see as pricing distortions and brand damage inflicted by the discounting marketplaces.
War on discounts: Handset makers like Sony, Apple, Nokia, Samsung fighting online 'price distortions' — economictimes.indiatimes.com

These companies and retailers were making exorbitant profits. Now when the consumer is getting benefitted from online cutthroat prices, they cannot digest it.
Some supermarkets in my neighborhood charge M.R.P. and the smaller provision stores will charge lesser prices cutting down on their profit margin. But, the small retailer is also making a profit. As a consumer, I'll buy from where the prices are low while the quality is also good.
The bottom line is the retailers were making a kill so far. I hope the consumers will prevail in the end. I don't know what kind of clout other sites have but Flipkart and Amazon should not bow down to these companies.

I think this is all drama for the benefit of the birck & mortar retailers, to these jokers it makes no difference who sells as long as they can laugh all the way to the bank.

Some of the new models of brands like xolo, gionee and lenovo are not even available in the brick and mortar stores even after 3~4 months of their launch. How do they expect to bridge this gap.
Went to buy a new xolo model that has been released one month ago ..none of the 8 shops near my house had it ..6 shops didn't even had the xolo phones and rest two shops had old models which they kept on trying to sell it to me. assholes.

balajik said:
Some supermarkets in my neighborhood charge M.R.P. and the smaller provision stores will charge lesser prices cutting down on their profit margin. But, the small retailer is also making a profit. As a consumer, I'll buy from where the prices are low while the quality is also good.
True. When I was looking to buy Omnia W, first I checked its price in Croma and Vijay Sales. Both were selling at same price. Then I checked in local store. It was selling almost 1000 less. I bought from there 🙂 May be this local store is evading some local taxes which is not possible for big branded shopes.
Dextermorgan said:
Some of the new models of brands like xolo, gionee and lenovo are not even available in the brick and mortar stores even after 3~4 months of their launch. How do they expect to bridge this gap.
Went to buy a new xolo model that has been released one month ago ..none of the 8 shops near my house had it ..6 shops didn't even had the xolo phones and rest two shops had old models which they kept on trying to sell it to me. a*****es.
Anyways brands you mentioned are not part of big-league team, so they may not cut/restrict supplies for online stores.

SVK said:
Anyways brands you mentioned are not part of big-league team, so they may not cut/restrict supplies for online stores.
Lenovo may not be part of "big-league" team but it has already decided to issue notices saying online stores are not its preferred resellers. So I will not be surprised if they actually cut down on supplies to online retailers.

Last year, I bought a Lumia 720. The local stores like Spice, Univercell, Poorvika in my neighborhood won't reduce the price below Rs. 18000. They offered screenguard for free. But, on flipkart, the price was Rs. 16990 and then they offered 5% cashback. I bought the phone for Rs. 16140, which is like Rs. 1860 less than what I'd have paid to the local store. The phone was delivered to me within 48 hours. I bought a genuine leather case online for Rs. 855 which I'd not have easily found in the local stores or elsewhere in the city. In addition to these savings, I don't have to spend for fuel.
On a side note, I've bought two phones from WS Retail - Lumia 720 and Moto G. I'd to order both the phones for a second time. Last year, Ekart Logistics couldn't deliver the shipment and canceled the order after 5 days. I ordered again and got the phone within 48 hours. And my first order of Moto G was mysteriously canceled. I was fortunate to be able to order a second time and got the phone within 48 hours. When it comes to phones, I guess the second time is the charm for me.

I won't be surprised if Flipkart, Snapdeal et al gang up and release adverts saying they sell genuine products with warranty at lesser rate than brick n mortar stores. And they would call upon the customer's common sense to buy at discounted prices than spending more.

What would you do when service centers of these companies stop honoring warranties with invoices from these online stores? 🙂

Isnt there a govt setup regarding unfair trade practices, not sure if they entertain us, individual aam aadmi 🙁

The online stores should then be smart enough to open a pseudo brick mortar store and issue all invoices under that brand .. Sort of like sold on eBay but shipped via local shop with local shop billAlso don't think issue is with the big brands like flipkart etc. I am thinking they are targetting spurious websites that have sprung up of late