Everyday Outage, Beware !

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliatnet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,129
ISP
You Broadband
Its been two weeks on You, and there is almost daily outage. someone cuts the cable, or their server is down. plus, speeds fluctuate all throughout. Torrent Throttling.

I have made almost a dozen complaints in the first two weeks

All in all, I will not recommend YOU at all to anyone, for unreliability of service. There is daily outage and you need to call & complaint daily !

Horror story.
I thought of using Net Xpress
https://broadband.forum/topic/61864-netexpress-new-broadband-service-in-chennai-adyar-and-gandhi-nagar/
But the users are not happy as mentioned above.
Guess I have to go back to Airtel :-(

gilliatnet said:
Its been two weeks on You, and there is almost daily outage. someone cuts the cable, or their server is down. plus, speeds fluctuate all throughout. Torrent Throttling.

I have made almost a dozen complaints in the first two weeks
All in all, I will not recommend YOU at all to anyone, for unreliability of service. There is daily outage and you need to call & complaint daily !
Horror story.
I thought of using Net Xpress
https://broadband.forum/topic/61864-netexpress-new-broadband-service-in-chennai-adyar-and-gandhi-nagar/
But the users are not happy as mentioned above.
Guess I have to go back to Airtel :-(
It is really a bad decision to shift to some other ISP if you have Airtel in your area. You will not get more speed or more FUP but you will never get less than what you have bargained from Airtel. This is my personal experience when i was using Airtel 4 years back. I used for 2 years with 1 downtime of 20 mins which was informed to me 1 months back via sms.

xserver said:
It is really a bad decision to shift to some other ISP if you have Airtel in your area. You will not get more speed or more FUP but you will never get less than what you have bargained from Airtel. This is my personal experience when i was using Airtel 4 years back. I used for 2 years with 1 downtime of 20 mins which was informed to me 1 months back via sms.
Unfortunately, Airtel 4 years ago is a completely different animal to Airtel today. I was just putting together the idea for my own company at the time and I've been watching the posts and opinions get continually worse over that period. They're not even my wholesaler of choice anymore (they were until sometime in early 2012).The company has a lot of potential to be a provider of choice to a certain market segment (if for no other reason than in much of the market they still have a reasonable reputation) but they need to stop dicking around.

mgcarley said:
Unfortunately, Airtel 4 years ago is a completely different animal to Airtel today. I was just putting together the idea for my own company at the time and I've been watching the posts and opinions get continually worse over that period. They're not even my wholesaler of choice anymore (they were until sometime in early 2012).The company has a lot of potential to be a provider of choice to a certain market segment (if for no other reason than in much of the market they still have a reasonable reputation) but they need to stop dicking around.
Your comparison between Airtel being a Service Provider and Broadband Provide is absurd. There are numerous cases where Telco's Lease Line market has been targeted by ISP hence ruining the overall market especially in Corporate Sector.
In later stage the same will happen with other Telco's. The only Reason Airtel is acting stupid now a days is that they have the most areas covered.
They might not be the best option for ISP's anymore but their Broadband service is indeed best in class in market till now. People tend to get attracted with more speed and less price but often forget the stability of broadband.

xserver said:
Your comparison between Airtel being a Service Provider and Broadband Provide is absurd. There are numerous cases where Telco's Lease Line market has been targeted by ISP hence ruining the overall market especially in Corporate Sector.
Why absurd? They use the same AS number & the same equipment to route out of India for both their wholesale and retail services, so while "technically" separate, operationally, not so much.As it happens, you'll find that most leased-lines are provided by one of the big-3 anyway, even though some other providers do offer them. That being said, I maintain as in the other thread that leased-lines as sold in India are not leased-lines as the rest of the world understands them, so I'm not sure where this ruination you speak of comes from.
xserver said:
In later stage the same will happen with other Telco's. The only Reason Airtel is acting stupid now a days is that they have the most areas covered.
Far from it - clearly you've never seen their GIS data. And no, I'm not counting cellular services as "coverage".
xserver said:
They might not be the best option for ISP's anymore but their Broadband service is indeed best in class in market till now. People tend to get attracted with more speed and less price but often forget the stability of broadband.
All I'm saying is that many people including but not limited to the owner of this forum would beg to differ, despite him sitting down with Airtel reps to try and solve the problems with the service (he's given them substantial input over the last couple of years).

Airtel's service deteriorated right after i started seeing their employees wearing alcatel logos on their shirts

Airtel service deteriorated right after they became popular enough 😀Their network is just fine though 🙁

Airtel services became crap when they decided to become a marketing company instead of a services company. Every single element of their network is outsourced. Only the brand is Airtel. Nothing is really managed by them.

xyx2000 said:
Airtel's service deteriorated right after i started seeing their employees wearing alcatel logos on their shirts
It's because Airtel outsourced the major network maintenance to Alcatel Lucent. They are least bothered about service what Airtel is providing. Still if you compare then the only close competitor will be TATA but they are years behind Airtel network reach.

I am assuming that you have not used Airtel in the last couple of years.I switched intentionally from Airtel to BSNL.What I lost? BSNL is relatively painful to use during the day time. Airtel was painful to use at random times during a day. BSNL gives me horrible connectivity between noon and 5/6pm. Airtel used to give me similar experience (breaking pings, downtime, random disconnections lasting a few seconds) randomly. BSNL has been as stable if not more than Airtel for me. And I had been an Airtel customer for around eight years before I switched. Airtel broadband packages are only usable till 80% of the limit because of the smartbytes. After you enter the last 20%, you can and would randomly get redirected to their smartbytes page. This has happened to me while posting on blogs and forums. Thankfully it did not happen during an online payment but of course, I was just lucky. BSNL plans are also cheaper than Airtel in my area so that does not hurt a bit.

mgcarley said:
Why absurd? They use the same AS number & the same equipment to route out of India for both their wholesale and retail services, so while "technically" separate, operationally, not so much.
That's the most funniest reply i have ever heard in my life. Do you know the difference between Bharti Telesonic, Bharti Airtel, Bharti Communication Limited . They do have the same AS number but please please i beg you to Call Retail and ask for STM-1 Drop.
More or Less i was pointing the commercial aspects of how ISP tend to negotiate and then damage their own market. They are secured in the Retail Segment so they tend to focus more on the same.
Airtel situation in North is totally different. Airtel network in Delhi and NCR is massively suffering from congestion due to oversold bandwidth to almost 98% of ISP. Believe me when i say 98% i pull it out from my stats not from my arse.

xserver said:
That's the most funniest reply i have ever heard in my life. Do you know the difference between Bharti Telesonic, Bharti Airtel, Bharti Communication Limited . They do have the same AS number but please please i beg you to Call Retail and ask for STM-1 Drop.
Yes, I'm well aware of the differences, however I think you didn't properly read what I said. Sales channels != operations. Whether I'm on an Airtel Mobile or Broadband connection or on some other ISP that happens to be connected to Airtel, I'm still going to be hitting the same gateway on the same equipment in the same data centre, so none of what you've just written makes what I said any less true.For the record, when I need an STM or bunch thereof, I call my account manager. Calling retail is too frustrating, but in more recent years, so is calling wholesale.
xserver said:
More or Less i was pointing the commercial aspects of how ISP tend to negotiate and then damage their own market. They are secured in the Retail Segment so they tend to focus more on the same.
Sorry, but I cannot make any sense of this entire sentence. Please rephrase.
xserver said:
Airtel situation in North is totally different. Airtel network in Delhi and NCR is massively suffering from congestion due to oversold bandwidth to almost 98% of ISP. Believe me when i say 98% i pull it out from my stats not from my arse.
Uhhhhh... no. Again, I think you don't quite understand how things work.Airtel has more than enough capacity (domestic and international) to go around. Last I counted, lit capacity was a very small fraction of it's available capacity (

I have referred to the situation in North. Airtel consumers are connected to Airtel last mile not the NLD network. So if the congestion is on the Last Mile having abundant of NLD bandwidth doesn't solve the problem.
You are still not aware of how Reliance Works so just wait and watch .

xserver said:
I have referred to the situation in North. Airtel consumers are connected to Airtel last mile not the NLD network. So if the congestion is on the Last Mile having abundant of NLD bandwidth doesn't solve the problem.
Is it me or are you just repeating what I just said? (Which, for the record was: "*IF* there is a part of Airtel's network that was oversold, it would be it's last mile network. Which it does not lease out to other ISPs").This would not be unique to "the North".But my point was that you mentioned that it was overselling it's resources to other ISPs, which it isn't. So Airtel's last mile can only suck for Airtel subscribers. Subscribers of other ISPs which buy bandwidth from Airtel are not affected.
xserver said:
You are still not aware of how Reliance Works so just wait and watch .
I'm pretty aware of how Reliance works, thanks, and I'm well aware that Mukesh is an inconsiderate person who makes people wait until the evening for a meeting that was scheduled for 9am, and is slightly masochistic - but I'm not sure what you're trying to infer.