• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 8,106
Status
Not open for further replies.

vsugadhan

ISP
BSNL EV-DO
Hey there. Any idea on how to make the usb Zte ac8700 modem work in linux? Specifically fedora 8? When I connect it, it shows the green light(blinking). However I cant find where exactly it comes in, so cant configure it. Help!!

hey guys help me in this thing.

My friend got a BSNL CDMA1x Connection Modem:Huawei ETS2288

Now it works in windows-xp.but he wants it in Fedora Core 8.Can some one help me to fix this for him.
i will assist him regarding this.Now tell me what all the basic things he need to check first and few instructions.

Thx 🙂

hello this is prashant i am using 1xevdo of bsnl india and this connection is working in linux back track 3 beta by configuring the kppp dialer and just1folder (usb)and 1 file(ttyUSB0) u have to make in dev/usb/ttyUSB0and then configure the kppp and ur internet is started and this connection is very fast in linux back track 3 beta but this version is qite confusable any budy need help mail me ariangsingh@gmail.com

Just got the EVDO card(ZTEAC8700 card from the JTO of my exchange on trial basis..the officer ays that there is no EVDO signal in our area and it is from Marailmalai Nager which is 8 k.m away from my residence another BTS tower which is CDMA (144 kbps)is also at 7 k.m away from my residence.. the modem is only configurable in XP and Vista drivers you have to download for it.. After one day flirting with vista immediately go to meddle with kde based distros in mandriva -2008 spring it worked flowlessly after i followed above post, but now it couldnot find my USB modem?.. now this posting is from sidux-2008 I don't know whether it will last long..the speed here is only CDMA XI so 40 kbps to 90 kbps is decent for CDMA plan which cost 250/- per month.. Since I am still in trial period i'll go to EVDO enabled location in and around Chennai and post the results here..may be i am posting in the wrong section..

Folks, I did try evdo on Linux and following some links in other threads on this forum and googling, got it working (openSuse / Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop) - but the EVDO card was getting heated up way too much. I'd advice against it for continuous use, until someone confirms it otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.