• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,217

sabir

Regular
ISP
bsnl
Hi
All us, the users of DTH Services of Tata Sky & Dish Tv have been at the receiving end of their services & are really wanting to do something about it.
Well I have a plan & I want your opinion and any suggestion that will help us get rid of Malpractices of DTH service providers.

The idea is that we all DTH users (Both Tata Sky & Dish Tv) have our payment schedule starting on a single date. We can do a little bit of juggling & can easily arrange to have our services pre paid till a certain date.
Say if my services is paid for say till 25th of June & these guys give us a grace period of four days to recharge my service ends on 29 & I don’t recharge again until say 8th or 9th July & say I have recharged for Re 550/- which means I am already having a balance of Re 510/- considering that the four extra days from 25th June to 29th June grace period that I was given has been deducted, the Re 510 balance means I have paid to receive services till September 01, or close to that.
Well once we have a uniform date for paying for the service to continue to receive the signals then boy this burgers will have it, how well we all won’t be recharging for the service & can be off Cable for say ten days or fifteen days or a month, we all will have to give a sacrifice,
But this sacrifice won’t go without bearing any fruit, DTH service providers will lose Advertisement money & will be paying to all their employees from their own pocket with no income forthcoming from nowhere & I believe it will work.
Sabir.

All the users of DTH Services of Tata Sky & Dish Tv have been at the receiving end of their services & are really wanting to do something about it.
Well I have a plan & I want your opinion and any suggestion that will help us get rid of Malpractices of DTH service providers.

The idea is that we all DTH users (Both Tata Sky & Dish Tv) have our payment schedule starting on a single date. We can do a little bit of juggling & can easily arrange to have our services pre paid till a certain date.
Say if my services is paid for say till 25th of June & these guys give us a grace period of four days to recharge my service ends on 29 & I don’t recharge again until say 8th or 9th July & say I have recharged for Re 550/- which means I am already having a balance of Re 510/- considering that the four extra days from 25th June to 29th June grace period that I was given has been deducted, the Re 510 balance means I have paid to receive services till September 01, or close to that.
Well once we have a uniform date for paying for the service to continue to receive the signals then boy this burgers will have it, how well we all won’t be recharging for the service & can be off Cable for say ten days or fifteen days or a month, we all will have to give a sacrifice,
But this sacrifice won’t go without bearing any fruit, DTH service providers will lose Advertisement money & will be paying to all their employees from their own pocket with no income forthcoming from nowhere & I believe it will work.
Sabir.

Your assumptions as to how this will work are wrong 1. We are customers, not employees of any DTH service provider. We don't need to go on strike and 'sacrifice' to get their attention, it is our right to ask for solutions from them (or take legal recourse) if we feel strongly enough.2. DTH providers are not daily-wage/ salaried earners whose pocket will pinch if we don't pay a few months subscription. They have anyway made huge investments to the tune of 100s of crores, and are probably still in the red. 3. DTH providers will not lose ad revenue as you claim. Media channels are paid to provide space to carry ads. DTH provider only 'carries' the channel

Well we can't do this because when we are buying DTH service we know their payment system so we can't do it.DTH operator earn lots of money from their channels which pay money to carry channels.

Your assumptions as to how this will work are wrong
1. We are customers, not employees of any DTH service provider. We don't need to go on strike and 'sacrifice' to get their attention, it is our right to ask for solutions from them (or take legal recourse) if we feel strongly enough.

1. You didn't get his question. By synchronizing the expiry date of many many many customers and all of them _not_ renewing their connection will definitely make DTH providers uneasy as their revenue will go down a whole lot. Hence a beating on their share prices and subsequently their reputation as a safe investment in the stock market.

2. DTH providers are not daily-wage/ salaried earners whose pocket will pinch if we don't pay a few months subscription. They have anyway made huge investments to the tune of 100s of crores, and are probably still in the red.

2. Yes, but that doesn't mean they will like to go further into the red. They have to break even and soon.

3. DTH providers will not lose ad revenue as you claim. Media channels are paid to provide space to carry ads. DTH provider only 'carries' the channel

Wrong. Media channels have agreements with DTH providers so that their channel is viewed by a "wider audience". Knowing that their channel viewership has dropped significantly on DTH will force them to rethink if it is wise to invest in such an operator. ( See point 1. Same implications will apply. ) :yahoo:

the signals then boy this burgers will have it

Yum! burgers.... :hysterical:

To the OP, umm...for this you need to gather atleast 1 lakh viewers. Do you think you can do it?

Chaloo kis ke toh baat samajh main AaayeeGuys if we don't unite we will have to face a lot many problems & please don't make this an issue between us, if there is any other way where we can unite & make DTH service providers give us a better sevice for our money & time i wont mind being a part of itone way would be to have a small website dthusersdotcodotin & unite a large number of dth users under one banneri mean lets take this into accounttrai isn't willing to look into the dth issue in the near future & we are left at the mercy of this dth providersSabir