Ethernet Surge Protection?

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Since, Excitel has become my latest hobby, I am guessing I should get prepared for the worst. Since the Ethernet cable coming from the nearest poll is connecting directly to my computer hardware, I imagine it would be smart to get some surge protection. Please advise what kind of accessories should I look into!

Thats Ubiquiti gear, so it's bound to be damn good, but it's for outdoor AP's not indoor (although it will work either way.)

How much protection are you looking for? My Belkin 8Port surge protector has RJ45 and coax in and out for surge protection too, though ive never ever utilized it. Link

Upvote 0
i really have no idea how much is safe. ubnt felt like a safe option to go for though it would require jugaad for earthing. power strip option has it integrated so that's nice. already ordered the ubnt so there's that.

Upvote 0
Well then, welcome to the UBNT family! Do update on how you manage to install the surge protector though

Upvote 0
probably would drag a wire from the device to the custom box with power switches which i assume should work for earthing! the whole mess is in the same place (ethernet cables from excitel and airtel modem on the ground along with the box with plugs) so should be simple enough i guess?

ps. i did not order it from the above link. shipping and taxes made it expensive than getting it directly from amazon.com global shipping. Amazon tells me that i should get it in the first week of november.

Upvote 0
fihwzb.jpg
vdembk.jpg
zxcpig.jpg

Upvote 0