Establishing Wi-fi @ Home

• Thread starter Thread starter srinag
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,454

srinag

ISP
Airtel Broadband
Hello ppl, I run a 384kbps connection(BSNL obviously), the modem i was provided with was a Huawei MT800.Yestersay I purchased a D-Link DI-524 wireless router and i tried to set it up immediately. I installed and set it up exactly how the instructions said, still its not working. Forget surfing net on other wireless devices, i am not able 2 surf on the base PC to which the router is connected. If i connect the modem directly to my computer it is working as usual but when i connect it through the router i am not able to surf anymore.Can someone PLEASE help me out here by finding my error or telling me how a wifi network has to be setup......PLS.Hope you guys can help me out or i've just wasted 2200rs on a router....

QUOTE(srinag @ Oct 26 2006, 11:22 PM) [snapback]66751[/snapback]
Hello ppl, I run a 384kbps connection(BSNL obviously), the modem i was provided with was a Huawei MT800.
Yestersay I purchased a D-Link DI-524 wireless router and i tried to set it up immediately. I installed and set it up exactly how the instructions said, still its not working. Forget surfing net on other wireless devices, i am not able 2 surf on the base PC to which the router is connected. If i connect the modem directly to my computer it is working as usual but when i connect it through the router i am not able to surf anymore.
Can someone PLEASE help me out here by finding my error or telling me how a wifi network has to be setup......PLS.
Hope you guys can help me out or i've just wasted 2200rs on a router....
[/b]

1st of all did u go through the D-Link ROUTER manual ?
U have to put your MT-800 into bridge mode and configure your d-link router with PPPOE mode .

QUOTE(cisco_tech @ Oct 26 2006, 11:46 PM) [snapback]66755[/snapback]
1st of all did u go through the D-Link ROUTER manual ?
U have to put your MT-800 into bridge mode and configure your d-link router with PPPOE mode .
[/b]
...yup followed the manual word-to-word. But dunno about this bridge thingy, pls explain. Again....., I followed the instruction given in the manual perfectly, followed all the PPPoE stuff, tried with dynamic and static, i'm still lost. Guess the method is slightly different for a MT800. If anyone out here knows, pls let me know.

^ MT800 has a reset hole at rear side . Power on themodem . Use a safety pin to push a switch in this hole for about 10 seconds . It resets to default settings ; Now connect the router & configure it in PPPoE mode .This should help .

QUOTE(cisco_tech @ Oct 27 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]66774[/snapback]
hey There are multiple revisions of the DI-524. can u give me your Revision Number ?
Thanx
[/b]
.......am using B4

QUOTE(seshu @ Oct 27 2006, 06:29 AM) [snapback]66771[/snapback]
^ MT800 has a reset hole at rear side . Power on the
modem . Use a safety pin to push a switch in this hole
for about 10 seconds . It resets to default settings ;
Now connect the router & configure it in PPPoE mode .
This should help .
[/b]

yahooooo!!!!!! it worked....... i reset my modem and reconfigured my router and it wotked..... infact i posted this from my wi-fi enabledP990i !!!

thanx sheshu