ESPN HD now on Tata Sky

• Thread starter Thread starter Kartik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 58
  • Views Views 14,416
It looks almost sure this time... they are dropping SD channels like they have diarrhea or something.... Dont see reason alienating regional subscribers without motive. Moreover I got a message that they are going to carry Neo HD for the Ind-Eng series which ends ominously enuff on 29 with the T20 (the odi series ends on 25th). That slot could easily be reused for ESPN HD.

Do you think anybody will move away from TS only for ESPN HD?

Yes definately

I guess this is a cheap marketing stunt by Tata Sky to prevent its subscribers from moving to RDTV or D2H which now has both (ESPN HD AND STAR CRICKET HD. Please note never in last five years has TATA SKY pre announced launch of its channels. This is just a marketing gimmick to retain customers . I am sure by month end they will come out with an excuse of why they cannot add ESPN HD

Please talk sense why would tata sky damage its reputation and goodwill by stating it in their official website and twitter handle?

Neglect the things which we feel is not a sensible things and move on....if you give importance to insensible things...then we would we would talk about insensible things only...

Whatever Ts is upto is due to bad planning outright...They cant drop sd channels to give hd channels cos the percentage of ppl with hd tv is negligible....Iam downright angry with way they have dropped malayalam channels(cant they atleast inform)......sure I would love espn hd but not at the cost of some everyday watched channels being dropped..and we all have to beg ts for channels like ten action plus when everybody else was giving it...this is unacceptable...Dont know how come ts is the only dth provider having constraints to provide channels....The whole concept that one day ts will suddenly give you exclusive channels has kept me tied to them but I think my patience has ran out...seriously looking at videocon hd(not like they are angels but might be better than ts)....and the worst kapil sibal does nothing about the blackmail of these dth providers....

sorry to say this harish.. but your basic premise that you stayed with ts or any DTH with a rider is wrong in the first place. Now why do you fault sibal for this?I guess in the current scenario DTH is the best bet if you are absolutely certain about the channels you want to watch. There are multiple options: providers, packs, extras and the likes. Of course the final choice will still be yours. No DTH blackmails you in any case for staying on with them. TS anyways wasnt renowned for giving a good set of regional channels. You yourself signed on giving them the liberty to drop channels. And I suppose the majority folks around will concur that TS or any DTH drops channels after a decent print advert. If you missed it, all I can say is that it is your misjudgement.

@rajivMisjudgement?? I understand you are a very passionate Ts sub and I was one too...but tell me how come this channel constraint is only for ts?? Again they have come out with a news piece abt a netflix like service....the problem is they never mention the date of its launch......its bad planning in my opinion...its just a ploy to keep the existing customers tied up with ts.....its more like giving hopes to somebody on ts dont move out or else you will miss the bus....the channel constraint has been going on for light years now for ts.....they dont even know whether they solve it....just seems they seem to losing the race to the top with bad planning...probably ts has misjudged the indian subscribers....well sibal can do a lot by having a stb portability in place....that will end days of dropping channels especially the one adopted by ts....I hope no further channels especially malayalam (3 channels currently...wow) are dropped to accommodate hd channels cos they will lot of ppl who will get out of ts

Since a T20 match is being played on Saturday thats the reason they are starting ESPN HD on Sunday....

@Ravi....

That t20 wud b on neo?? :O

That's TS and it's colossal space crunch...

ESPN HD has started airing on TS since 11.30pm or something after Neo HD was removed...