• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 58
  • Views Views 14,418

Kartik

Regular
ISP
Airtel
ESPN HD now on Tata Sky
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 -- (Business Wire India)

After pioneering the launch of HD in India, Tata Sky today announced the launch of ESPN HD on its platform.

ESPN HD will showcase exciting sports action in High Definition from ESPN STAR Sports’ stellar line-up of premier international sporting events including soccer, tennis, golf and motor sports among others. Action starts right away on ESPN HD with the live broadcast of the first ever Formula One Indian Grand Prix on October 28th. The highly anticipated 2011-2012 season of the Barclays Premier League will also be showcased live on ESPN HD.

ESPN HD will be part of the HD Gold pack and will be made available just in time for India’s historic Formula One Grand Prix to be held this month. All subscribers who have currently subscribed to the HD Gold Pack will be able to enjoy the channel at no extra cost.

With the introduction of ESPN HD, Tata Sky has now expanded its bouquet of true HD channels to eight.

Source : Tata Sky, HD Gold Pack, ESPN HD, Subscribers

Finally !

And compression on these channels will also reach an all time high. Might as well watch it in SD.

So Finally ESPN HD is coming to TS by the end of the month and just before the Indian GP....

hmm.. makes sense.. till then the spot is reserved for Neo HD

I hope that HD transmission will be ad-free. If ESPN can substitute Steve Slater, then it will be सोने पे सुहागा 😛

I hope that HD transmission will be ad-free. If ESPN can substitute Steve Slater, then it will be सोने पे सुहागा 😛

It seems ESPN HD is telecasting some promo ads for every 5-6 laps for 10-15 secs....

In a way its good as SD channel shows around 1 min to 1.5 mins of ads for every 5-6 laps...

I guess this is a cheap marketing stunt by Tata Sky to prevent its subscribers from moving to RDTV or D2H which now has both (ESPN HD AND STAR CRICKET HD. Please note never in last five years has TATA SKY pre announced launch of its channels. This is just a marketing gimmick to retain customers . I am sure by month end they will come out with an excuse of why they cannot add ESPN HD

I guess this is a cheap marketing stunt by Tata Sky to prevent its subscribers from moving to RDTV or D2H which now has both (ESPN HD AND STAR CRICKET HD. Please note never in last five years has TATA SKY pre announced launch of its channels. This is just a marketing gimmick to retain customers . I am sure by month end they will come out with an excuse of why they cannot add ESPN HD

Do you think anybody will move away from TS only for ESPN HD?