ESPN HD now on Tata Sky

• Thread starter Thread starter Kartik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 58
  • Views Views 14,419
Oh, ok. I just misunderstood the context in which he said! My bad!

Holy Shit ! ESPN HD is now LIVE on Tata Sky HD ! It's ****in' AWESOME !!! xD

----------

IMO TS should drop Star Cricket HD to make room for other HD channels, as all that is shown on it are re-runs of old matches. 😛

----------

IMO TS should drop Star Cricket HD to make room for other HD channels, as all that is shown on it are re-runs of old matches. 😛

True, they should have start cricket hd only when matches are going on, pretty useless on other occasions. They should rather have channel's like Movies Now HD

Now I hope this espn hd is a permanent channel and wont be removed when the windies series starts....I hope TS wont play games anymore....The way they drop channels and add channels are outrageous to say the least....Bring on the EPL on HD...Bloody waiting for this channel like for centuries.....Finally.

Need Help!!I booked a HD Plus Box!!How does installation work? i had read that Box is sent separately while installation is done by some other team?Further, may I request to share which Dish is being supplied with TS HD+. I am playing safe as Dish HD box was used & in open condition.Further, What things to check like:1. What should be Signal Strength & Quality2. Box should be Sealed?3. LNB Type?

Need Help!!

I booked a HD Plus Box!!

How does installation work? i had read that Box is sent separately while installation is done by some other team?

Further, may I request to share which Dish is being supplied with TS HD+. I am playing safe as Dish HD box was used & in open condition.

Further, What things to check like:
1. What should be Signal Strength & Quality
2. Box should be Sealed?
3. LNB Type?

I don't think that is the case. Since you've already paid for the box through Credit Card, the installation guys bring the box and do the installation. Most of the boxes are not sealed properly, but nothing to worry about. It should work fine. If any problems, they will replace it. Just make sure that those guys complete the installation till the end..i.e the transmission of all the channels ( subscribed for ) should start on your TV. These guys are famous for running away quickly after installation. That happened to me once and it took a good 13-15 hrs for all the channels to start coming. Cheers

----------

----------

Good thought. Neo Cricket HD is transmitted only when a Indian cricket series is going on. Not that I don't wont to watch The Ashes or any other high profile cricket series in HD, just makes sense to broadcast in HD when a series is on. Watching re-runs is just a waste of our time and air space. We can enjoy other HD channels instead.

Not really
I guess this is a cheap marketing stunt by Tata Sky to prevent its subscribers from moving to RDTV or D2H which now has both (ESPN HD AND STAR CRICKET HD. Please note never in last five years has TATA SKY pre announced launch of its channels. This is just a marketing gimmick to retain customers . I am sure by month end they will come out with an excuse of why they cannot add ESPN HD

But these guys are spoiling the HD experience really. The dreaded L-shaped ads that we used to hate in Cricket, have crept into this channel. I just cant understand that if Asli HD, Colors HD can survive without any sort of Ads, then y cant these channels do that?

coz buying broadcasting rights for sporting events(atleast ones with good enough audience) costs more than buying broadcasting rights for almost everything shown on colors hd and asli hd channels .

But these guys are spoiling the HD experience really. The dreaded L-shaped ads that we used to hate in Cricket, have crept into this channel. I just cant understand that if Asli HD, Colors HD can survive without any sort of Ads, then y cant these channels do that?

When the L Shaped ads was delivered yesterday during the race ...i thought about you Jaymin...

----------

ESPN HD was added in in TS exactly at 12 Midnight on Oct 30th...

Loved the hd telecast of EPl and damn waited for this for a long time but somebody at espn needs to realise that the scoreboard looks way out of place almost in the centre of the screen....I dont know whether its to do with ts or is it the same on other dth?? Its kinda irritating I thought...they definitely can make it smaller like the sd telecast...anyways hd telecast on TS and epl...loving it

@ Ravi...Hehe, and the moment i saw it, i kept 1 thing in my mind - share it here! 😀

Awesome! F1 race set to record! 😀

I was away from home and wanted to record the race. TS app for iPhone does not list ESPN HD, it is not listed even now :-(