ES3 in the making

• Thread starter Thread starter Bhaskar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 8,867

Bhaskar

Regular
ES3 is in the making. Its going to lighter, faster and hopefully no bugs. For windows and linux both.All suggestions here. Please for my easy of reading all suggestions to be prefixed by bold "suggestion:"Its definately going to be last version of ES. Have fun.

Its definately going to be last version of ES.[/b]

What??? 😱 Why??

Chalo newayz....i hope itz cooler than all the previous versions.

N 1 more thing Bhaskar... I dunno if this feature exists in ES... But if you Exit W/O Logout... then can you open the program again and logout....?

If this feature aint there... then please cud u put it in ES3.

Thx!!

and try to place the buttons of logon and logoff tabs.so they can be done in a single click.insted of clicking connectivity and logon

Two thumbs way up for you, a linux client is extremely good news for me, especially now that I am stuck with using the java MAC client 🙂BTW, which language will you do the coding in this time?

Originally posted by firoz16@Jun 4 2005, 12:18 AM
and try to place the buttons of logon and logoff tabs.so they can be done in a single click.insted of clicking connectivity and  logon
[snapback]11289[/snapback]
[/quote]
Firoz right click on the tray icon and you will get logout/login options.

suggestion: Incorporate a commandline interface which ends with a 'exit without logoff'

suggestions;1) Make an offline renewal option as is there in the new official client2) Provide a link for account info3) Display the curretnt dynamic ip if possible after loggin in4) make it a bit lighter

this is gr8 news....looking forward bhaskar !

Display the curretnt dynamic ip if possible after loggin in

i second that.

linux client is definitely needed . the other commandline linux client i have gives some Segmentation fault 2 times and logs in 3rd time or sometimes even more

Bhaskar would you like telling what language you used in es1 and es2 and what ide you used."suggestion:mostly in es2 speed gets veryslow after 1hour whereas es1 gives normal speed,so currently i am using es1,so currect this in es3"

lol thats funny .. client doesnt control ur speed 😛 then someone would have made a client for 256 KB 😛 . Bhaskar u should wait a while . i am sure sify guys are thinking abt doing changes in authentication system very sooon .

for me both es1 and es2 (speed wise) r working same.but es1 feels bit lighter compared to es2.es2 always hangs while connecting where as with es1 i never had this problem.

Originally posted by power@Jun 7 2005, 11:08 PM
client doesnt control ur speed
[snapback]11742[/snapback]
[/quote]
yeh client doesnt control speed ,but there seems to be some problem in es2
because some time after being logged in the speed becomes very slow
first i thought it was from sify but then i used official sify dialer and speed was ok ,then i tried es1 and speed was ok again,and then again es2 -slow speed again
although it doesn't happen every time but happens often 😉

Hmm. Speed must have something to with the heartbeat feature. Its experimental in ES2. Power, i will wait if you say so. Any ideas as to when they will change their systems?

A few suggestions I have : -

[*]7 Day Usage Statistics even when Logged Out
I have to open up either sify client or my browser to see the statistics when I am logged out.

[*]Use buttons on the side instead of the menu, helps in faster navigation.

[*]Make a button for Login/Logout which changes on click automatically, again menu takes a lot of time ;-) I'm lazy sorry hehe

[*]Close should minimise to system tray. Very used to that, since its used in all p2p clients 🙂

[*]Double Clicking on the system tray icon, should Login/Logout without any popup. Right Click/Preferences on systray icon brings up the ES2 window. (Like in Whatpulse 🙂 )

[*]Please remove the option to Exit Without Logoff, or atleast add an option to completely disable it, if you are logged in and the ES2 is exitted when you restart the client you get an error, then how to logoff?

[*]Add the 3 ip's ping aka Troubleshoot feature like in BBClient 2.7.

[*]Monitor the NIC according to schedule, from 8 am to 10 pm and option to warn/alert/notify/logout if 150mb is exceeded.

[*]Option to log 7 day usage statistics so we can monitor full month usage and not only 7 days 🙂

[*] The approximate data transferred should be in MB's not bytes.

[*] Mouseover Tray icon shows hours connected and MB used

:lol: I know those are too many but I just thought since this is the last version lets say all that we want hehe. It doesnt *have* to be *low* on resourses, people who want that have another option, it should include all features that Sify can't provide 🙂. Just my 2 cents