Error 691 on my DLink DSL-502T Modem on bsnl broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter planetmars
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 7,969

planetmars

ISP
BSNL
hi, I am using D-Link DSL-502T ADSL Router almost for the past three years. For the last 3-4 months, I am getting a strange problem. If I try to connect to BSNL Broadband Internet, I get the following error:Verifying username and password.........Error 691 : Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain.Then, I remove the either phone cable or the ethernet cord from the modem and plug it back. I wait for a minute or two and then try to connect to Internet. It connects this time. Did any of you face the same problem ? What is wrong ? How to solve this problem ?

hmm.interesting.. you should report this..

1.Check contacts and cables for oxidization, blackening,
high resistance contacts , and try new cables and ADSL splitter .

Post the router page showing SNR/ATTN both U/L and D.L

specimen page ;
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8669/aaqf7.jpg

3.routine checks. see last sentence.
Code:
Error 691: Access denied because username / password is invalid on the domain This means your connection attempt has been refused for the reason due to incorrect login details. This can be resolved by following these steps:  * Ensure you are using the correct username and password. The format for entering your username is your-user-name@dataone.in           * Please also bear in mind the password is case sensitive, check your Caps Lock function on the keyboard to ensure you are not typing capital letter when you intend to type in lower-case.           * Even if your username and password is automatically saved from previous connections it is possible for this information to become corrupted. Please delete anything saved and attempt to retype the correct information.

the error indicates that your line and connection is fine , its your user account . for some reason , bsnl sometimes authorizes you but sometimes doesnt.. pretty weird , that this happens sometimes , it usually it a permanent error , due to incorrect username/password or suspended account

I am not able to use my BSNL from last 4 days due to this problem.BSNL people are saying that they have reset the password but When I connect it says same error 691.Is there any way to solve it??? Please help me. 🙁DO i need to do something with the password and settings of the modem? Its a Nokia Siemens.

1.Check contacts and cables for oxidization, blackening,
high resistance contacts , and try new cables and ADSL splitter .

Post the router page showing SNR/ATTN both U/L and D.L

specimen page ;
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8669/aaqf7.jpg

[/code]
1. checked all the contacts. reconnected the cables. Still no use.

2. checked the Modem status. the values are :

SNR Margin : 27 dB (Downstream) , 31 dB (Up)
Line Attenuation : 26 dB(Downstream) , 11 dB (Up)
Data Rate : 2048 kbps (Downstream) , 256 kbps (Up)

These figures are different from those in the picture you have attached. Is there anything wrong with these values ?

----------

Here is the link to the screen shot
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6114/mymodemstats.jpg

are you sure your using the right username and password?? go to your friend's place and try ensuring that the username and password is correct by going to the portal

are you sure your using the right username and password?? go to your friend's place and try ensuring that the username and password is correct by going to the portal
The user name password is correct. I am sure about this. If it is incorrect, how will it work after I remove the cable and plug it back to the modem ?

Today they called me and told me that they changed my password and that's why i was not able to use it. 🙁