Error 691 even after resetting password from portal...

• Thread starter Thread starter theniks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,622

theniks

ISP
DATAONE H 500
Hello guys from last 3 days I was having error 678 could not connect to remove computer , which was fixed yesterday but after that when I tried to connect the net , it gave me error 691 username and or password incorrect on this domain ; to fix it I changed password from the new portal and it said password was reset successfully ,but when I tried to use the new password , again error 691 occured... I will be very thankful if any one can help me out with probable reason and its solution...

Did you update that password in modem/router page ?if not, go to router/modem page (192.168,1,1 in most cases) and get in to advanced setup, and input the new password !

Did you update that password in modem/router page ?

if not, go to router/modem page (192.168,1,1 in most cases) and get in to advanced setup, and input the new password !

Thanks for the help bro but on previous 2 instances when I changed the password there was no problem even though I haven't changed the password in modem but anyways I will try your method thanks once again for the reply

/members/theniks/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
If you were in "Bridged" mode using Wanminiport dialer , check your dialer settings.
Or follow suggestion by @appus
Mention you modem model .
Start/ Run Type cmd Type IPconfig/all
post details.
Reference :
DUNS Error 691

Thanks for the help bro but on previous 2 instances when I changed the password there was no problem even though I haven't changed the password in modem but anyways I will try your method thanks once again for the reply

try to post the screenshots as essbebe said !

If you are not using dialer, you have to update it in the router/modem !

And about your previous two instances: password wouldnt have changed !

I changed password once and it wasnt working after i entered that in the router! later i used the old password and started working . So, there was a problem changing password few months back.

Since you are getting username/password error, password is changed in the portal and you need to change in the router/modem or Dialer (if you are using a dialer to connect) !

You are connecting to the BSNL servers thru your modem. Password/username is either stored in modem/router or the dialer you use to dial (if you use) ! So once you change the username on portal, it wont get updated in router/modem or Dialer automatically !

to get in there you have to use IP of your gateway

ie, http://192.168.1.1 (most cases 192.168.1.1 is gateway)

Give all the relevant info next time.. router name/model, IP address
(as essbebe asked)

Thanks essbebe and appus for your prompt support ,I use dialer to connect and I have updated password in dialer so no problem with that and for screenshots I am using mobile to post so can't post ss atm so sorry for that but will post them soon

and for screenshots I am using mobile to post so can't post ss atm so sorry for that but will post them soon
use print screen button on keyboard(or alt+print screen to capture active window)to capture image of your desktop.then open MS Paint & click on paste under edit tab.save the image as jpeg(not bmp which is default).use any free image hosting site like imageshack to upload your image & post the links here to show the image.

could not connect to remove computer which was fixed yesterday but after that when I tried ......
No need for screenshots. Check your LAN set up. IP address Gateway IP. Repair option.
Check your ethernet card is enabled.

use print screen button on keyboard(or alt+print screen to capture active window)to capture image of your desktop.then open MS Paint & click on paste under edit tab.save the image as jpeg(not bmp which is default).use any free image hosting site like imageshack to upload your image & post the links here to show the image.

he is using mobile for internet ! he hasnt connected mobile to computer i guess ! so it will be difficult to capture and post on a site ! 🙂

@Theniks, if you have updated in dialer, just put back the old password and give a try ! (it maynot have updated !)

Just go to your nearest exchange and ask them to check if you have any bills due. I had the same problem and could not believe that I actually had a bill due. It just could be a possibility so try it out.