• Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 12,136

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Just curious. My dad is sticking with his old Panasonic Tau 29" CRT which just killed the inverter today... I have been pushing him to get a LED/LCD TV. How much is the difference in power consumption? The TV runs for more than 12-14 hours on most weekdays. Slightly less on Weekends.

Here I come dude.

its like comparing 200 watt bulb with 5watt LED.

A CRT is too heavy on power units, while L.E.D. would run in a fraction of that CRT T.V. depends on size you go with but overall
it would be pleasing for eyes and bill as well.

If I was in NCR i would have taken you to Gaffaar, my friend has bought 4 T.V.'s from some seller there,
and all are working fine, oldest one now reaching a year.He got 42 inch LED for 27k I think.

harry10, even if laptop states 65W that doesn't mean it would consume that much electricty when idle, actual would be less in most cases and most at the time your battery is being charged and multi-tasking.

Right. It states 65w on the laptop charger. So, plasma is the main culprit in consumption as expected. I am gonna get a 55 inch TV next year for my new room. Was going to buy a plasma only as the picture clarity is unmatched. However, now had to rethink about a LED.

All Dads T.V. needs to be forcefully replaced 😉
if you have budget to gift a new one, just buy and place it in his room, after initial protest, it should be used happily 🙂
thats why I was suggesting Gaffaar.

i know he would be able to do nothing if i just order the tv and replace his crt with the new one. i just do not want to go there. the change makes sense from all angles. the tv has seen so much bad abuse, i think its tube is close to melting. i get a headache if i see that tv for more than an hour because of the image that kind of keeps on flicking or shaking slightly.

you have no idea how much it took me to replace the old tubelight and cfls with LED tubes. if i had my way i had replace all fans in this house with superfans. but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

i myself right now is using a 12w led and a superfan. total consumption is supposed to be less than 50w which is less than what a typical fan consumes.