Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) News & Updates

http://www.readability.com/articles/pmsldjbb
Retirement fund manager EPFO today launched a facility to enable its over 5 crore subscribers view updated accounts online on real time basis without waiting for their annual PF account slips.Besides this, the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has also announced it would put in place the facility for online PF account transfer claims on changing jobs next month.
The facility for viewing PF accounts online was launched here by Labour Minister Sis Ram Ola in the presence of Minister of State for Labour and Employment Kodikunnil Suresh and EPFO's Central Provident Fund Commissioner K K Jalan.

Last edited:
This has been there for quiet some time, i remember using this at least 2-3 years ago

Are people able to see any recent updates using this site or is the balance up to date when we check Member Balance. For me it does not seem to have been updated for a long time now...

I requested EPF balance through SMS. I got SMS after few minutes, but balance was updated till last year's March End (March 2013). I guess I will check again in April 🙂

Its been like this for a while now. Every few months they make a noise that its easy to check pf online now. But nothing really works...

Ok.. The website is not updated. But on requesting balance on SMS, the PF account does seem to be updated up to 31st March.

So, I finally decided to submit the my PF Transfer request. When I downloaded the online Form 13, filled it manually & submitted, I got a reply from my HR that the PF office replied that since both old & new companies are registered for electronic submission, all I need to fill in the claim online (entering a few details like PF no, auto-populates lots of other stuff), take a printout and submit that.
I did it, and except for 1 detail being incorrect (dad's name is half missing, in old establishment), I was able to generate an online claim (with tracking no & stuff). Planning to submit this.
Hope they have really done this to speed up the process & not just for show off :tongue:
Here is the link to check eligibility
http://memberclaims.epfoservices.in/check_eligibility.php
And here is the link to logon on and submit transfer (after registering if not done already)
http://memberclaims.epfoservices.in/index.php

So PF of my previous company is of a different state(MH) and the current company is a different state(TN) . So while checking the member passbook online, I see the PF of MH account has not been updated since July'2013, whereas TN one is up to date. When I do check via Member Balance enquiry, both show latest balances.
Looks like in some places/states, they are not really utilising & making the member passbook services up to date.

So, PF was finally transferred 2-3 days ago, system showed it up just now but was dated last week..

But, here are some timelines
Submitted online & submitted printout to current company - 21st May
Current company approved - 29th May
Prev company approved - 07 July
Claim settled - 18th July...

EPF Office(s) did the transfer in around 10 days after all approvals received. I mean, WOW.

So with much noise the EPF office launched UAN (Universal Account Number) promising that tracking & transfer & withdrawals would be easily trackable and faster now

My company handed over the UAN & I registered and updated my personal email ID, I am unable to download by passbook via this route for the past week. The old way of downloading via the general members site still works, but looks like they havent been able to get this UAN stuff going fully yet..

How to download passbook by old site? I was also not able to download by new website.