email hacking and isp

• Thread starter Thread starter monster2k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,181

monster2k

ISP
broadband
my email was hacked and some imp data was sent to an email address....the email address that it was sent to belongs to a person i know ...to safeguard myself from any fraud of other documents stolen i went to police station and wrote a complaint on white paper and attached a screenshot of login activity....no fir filed. the cop gave a acknowldgement and said till fir is filed i could use that document to safeguard myself.people close to me told me that its risky to file fir as the person could claim i gave the password to them and get away with it and police being police would probably haunt me instead....what i need to know is so far what i have filed is that still risky for me? do i withdraw the complaint too? do they give back the complaint paper? will they instead run after me using my ip address and harass me?what should i do....plz guide.

Nothing is risky if you can prove what you are saying about hacking.Normally police don't lodge FIR easily coz when they do they have to take action, rather they would tell you to be reasonable and let it go.It's you who has to decide that you want police to take action, if yes consult a good lawyer and be persistent on lodging a FIR with police.