Email Client for Android Phones

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 2,608
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
It's quite annoying that Android OS has dedicated app for Gmail and when user wants to use any other service he has to set it up under Email.I have noticed that Gmail app takes quite some time to load and update. I was expecting a flawless Email experience with Android, or am I doing something wrong :distant:

Yahoo also has a mail app, I believe.

actually you can configure your gmail account in the email client. it is actually faster than the gmail app itself but does not have all the features (archive, labels).

----------

and of course, the app in ICS is much much improved. its a shame that they have not ported it back to gingerbread.

the ics update is rock solid. i used to rely on webmail earlier. now i use the native gmail app to check mails 🙂

fact remains, the mobile web app is the fastest way to access your mail. provided you have fast internet connectivity.

Yeah - Thats true.. The Email client is more like the Outlook & the Gmail, Yahoo are the dedicated apps.

if you do not have pop access on your yahoo mail account, you have no option but to use their app on the phone.

Yahoo! India provides free pop access.I have Live account and a Gmail account configured in the Email app right now.Was trying to check the auto update settings and there is this option, check mails every 5 minutes.Isn't there any way we can get the mails the moment they are sent to us?

Was trying to check the auto update settings and there is this option, check mails every 5 minutes.

Isn't there any way we can get the mails the moment they are sent to us?
Ahem - Isnt that what Blackberry / PushMail supposed to be a big showoff about?

gmail support push email on android. yahoo and hotmail probably doesn't. the service has to support push mail on your platform for it to work like you want it to work.

I guess they are competing then - but mostly only corporate accounts have these setup, right?... apart from Google's own Gmail

right. blackberry cannot magically create push mail out of non-compatible servers. most corporate servers support push mail and that is why it works so wonderfully on blackberry devices.

I agree that the GMail app on ICS is so much more improved and near complete. Earlier I would use the EMail app as that was much faster compared to the Gmail one. Now I don't do that. Push mail has been there on gmail outside Android too I believe. I have always got mails on my phone (Nokia) instantly. In fact, before the stupid web page on my computer refreshes to show me the updated count.

well... if i have sync on, my phone pings me faster than my web browser on new emails. this used to happen on gingerbread and the same happens with me on ICS.