Elysium

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2,834
District 9 was much much better. They tried to do too much in Elysium. They showed a future where the gap between rich and poor would increase so much that rich would move away and live on a man created heaven. And then they had this Cylons and then the brain transmitting tech and superhero body attachments and magical med bays that can reconstruct anything and everything but only when the storyline needs it. An AI system deciding who runs the government, who gets to live on Elysium. And then a love story. And then a romeo juliet style ending. And then a Snake from Metal Gear Solid with British accent with his own strange issues.

District 9 was very good, they could have made Elysium more believable.

Yeah, I too loved District 9. I felt this movie was OKish.
'Cylons' ? Lagta hai 'Battlestar Galactica' ka effect abhi tak bana hua hai :tongue:

Cylons was the best comparable thing that came to my mind. They are programmed to perform certain tasks which is what they were doing on Elysium. No backstory on how they existed and how humans controlled them from starting a mutiny on their own. An operating system decides who the prime minister is and who is a citizen? I mean why did the guy who created the OS not decide to stage a coup on his own? Why was he so dependent upon the contracts when he had the power to control the government? lol.Too many things unexplained. But it was fun. The gadgetry etc.