• Thread starter Thread starter yogi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,200

yogi

no fate but what we make
ISP
pacenet
If you have a laptop (its a recent Toshiba model) running 24/7 plugged into the mains (& not on battery) --- I wanted to know how much would the electricity bill be for a month? And would this apply to most laptops in general?The location is the western suburbs in Bombay , with Tata as the electricity provider.Please reply here! -Thanks 🙂

do you know your laptops power consumption in kilowatt-hours?lets say its about 50 kwh... thats about 1000 kwh in 20 hrs (say per day)...1000 kwh is "one unit" if im not mistaken...one unit costs about Rs 5, is that right?so 24x7 for a month would be about Rs 150/- per month...i live in blore, got a fridge which is on 24x7 (at least as far as there are no power cuts), i watch a lot of TV, and my laptop is on a lot of the time (tho not 24x7)... use a microwave sometimes, got an electric geyser (water heater for your morning bath)... and the usual lights n fans (no A/C)... my total monthly bill ranges from between Rs 400/- to Rs 650/- per monthi have an old laptop so im sure it takes about rs 100 to 200 out of that 🙂

Not to pick on the post but..1000 kwh is 1 Mega Watt Hour.A typical Heater consumes 1 kwh, Fully loaded PC+LCD Monitor consumes 0.5 kwh.

doh, right... so replace "kwh" with "wh" hehyup, i meant... 1 kwh is rs. 5/- (not 1000 kwh!)edit: also, 1 kwh might be less than rs. 5, maybe rs 2 if i aint mistaken