EasySify 2

• Thread starter Thread starter Bhaskar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 19,556
Hi, Trying out EasySify2 (v1.1) Build 300 on Windows 98 SE but it's not connecting. My SAM server/port/path settings are as per mentioned in the FAQ and they hold true for me. And the local network is up but I still am not connected everytime.Here are the contents of the message.dump file--EasySify v1.1 Start Up Complete.2:26:35 PM: Not Connected to Sify.2:27:10 PM: Getting Session Id.2:27:10 PM: Attempting to connected to 202.144.65.702:27:12 PM: Authenticating User with Sify.2:27:12 PM: Attempting to connected to 202.144.58.382:27:12 PM: Connection failed to Sify.Any ideas?Thanks.

your message dump shows that ES2 was able to get a session id for you. But is unable to authenticate you from the auth sam server.a) Sify auth server not responding.B) You have more than one network card in your system and the wrong one is selected in the network adapter settings.

Thanks for the reply.I am able to login properly with the official client at all times but it fails on Easy Sify so the auth server isn't down at these times.I do have a dial-up modem configured alongwith the network card in my system but I took care to set the interface as the network card only. Still doesn't work for me.I think I will try EasySify 1 because some other people who had similar problems on this forum were successful with EasySify 1 as I read.

EasySify 1 is logging me in quickly without any troubles 🙂. Thanks for the app Bhaskar. I think there are some problems with EasySify 2 on Windows 98 SE though 😉

just use the option of inforce mac address to egt arnd the problem and use ur mac address adn type itlike00-xx-xx-xx-xxdont forget to put - sifn otherwise it wont authenticate 🙂

Yeah, I looked hard and noticed that EasySify 2 wasn't detecting my MAC address too well by default. I tried forcing MAC address and took care to include the hyphens "-" inbetween, but now it gives me "Invalid authentication information".Anyway doesn't matter because I am happy with EasySify 1. All I need it for is logging in and I don't mind not having extra features 😉

ES2 on first startup picks the first adapter it finds. ES1 users should know this: Since ES1 doesnt send MAC address to sify, hence its quite possible that their mac values are binded to blank addresses. That is one reason ES2 fails, because it will send a mac address no matter what. People having trouble with ES2 can use the force mac option and set it to blank.

Plz help me bhasker ji,

since the installation it worked gr8 but one night when i try to logon it says connecton failed to sify. i have tried several times but same message even i have not changed any settings. i thnk the sam ip may changed by sify.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Feb 15 2005, 05:13 AM
😕
[snapback]5977[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mr. Bhaskar....EasySify2 ......rocks........u have created the ultimate sw.....inspired by you....am working on a dialer for hotwire people....i have studied there settings......they have a server installed on each LCO......and giving Public ip addresses......unlike sify, there is no SAM server.....each user has to authenticate to nearest LCO.....and the database is transfered regurlarly...... I dont think i can do any better than simply creating a good GUI...working on html....kinda sify original dialer look....Still working.......cos am using sify..!!!!!!I am writing a case study on sify and hotwire technical aspects........ may b u will find it on mouthshut.com soon....AS always...........WE WANT EASY SIFY 2006.......... .. WIth RocK!|\|G Features.......May b sify replaces its original dialer with it !!!!!!!! Shhhhhhh..............Even my Local provider is unaware that i am using ES on my 3 pcs to access the net..........and he says its nt possible.........kaha se CCNA kiya hai.....pata nahi.....thanks to BhaskerPS.....i came across a post regarding the animated ES icon....Mr. XYZ.....Sify ke ON--OFF blinking ICON ......se to bahut atcha hai......it makes my old P3...look like a P4 sys...... ne way.....choices differ...RegardsUjjwal WadhawanDelhi

Glad to know that you writing a hotwire client.You might want to check out hotclient @ sourceforge.net. it was written by a friend of mine a couple of years ago. it may not be compatible with the existing architecture, but you can use it as a starting place.Have fun, 😀

the version online is quite old. a new is under development. and sify has made many changes in the way users login... so it is more or less expected.