Earthquake in Delhi NCR

• Thread starter Thread starter stuge
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 363
  • Views Views 80,359
Date 26 is scary in earthquake history...

Just visited Wiki - Earthquakes by magnitude, deaths & country - Doesnt really reflect any specific relation to the 26th...

I think its exaggerated. Define criteria & do statistics, I am pretty sure the numbers will be evenly distributed. Maybe a few recent years have 26 as a predominant one.

I was in office at Noida, on 1st floor, when all colleagues were walking out saying earth-quake, I felt nothing and was typing a important e-mail.
about a minute later when we were only 3-4 guys left on floor, I felt something shook my chair and it was like something has made a poke to my
brain. I stood and without a second thought went downstairs and stood outside the office.

while back at home in Gzb, it was felt more due to high rise apartment, wife and kids were scared and used stairs to walk out.
Luckily no one was hurt in entire friends and family I know of.

In Gbd, we delt tremors during the afternoon.

Tremors were of decent intensity and we clearly felt them for around a minute.

Me too felt strong impact in GZB,
was on a short nap and wife woke me up, thinking I was messing with her by shaking the entire double bed.

in a few minutes, 100's of people were seen in common area of society, as I was too sleepy I didn't went down and went for another short nap 🙂

i think we just had a small one here in gurgaon. hopefully this is not just a pre-tremor ?