• Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 598

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
This has become a headache. I approved one such payment for monthly donations to IFF. I want to close my IDFC account. I pinged IFF about discontinuing monthly payments through NACH. They haven't responded back in 2 days now. I went to local branch, they told me to contact customer care to disconnect it. Customer care tells me to go to the branch lol.

IDFC website just has a form but it requires values like UMRN which I do not have and cannot find anywhere in the monthly payment mails. Has anyone here successfully disconnected a NACH payment? How did you do it?

The silence from IFF is quite annoying though. They have responded rather fast when I pinged them earlier to change payment mode. This time I talked about discontinuing for a while and no response.

Last edited:
Maybe just go ahead with the closure and create a new NACH mandate with another account?

Yeah would go again on Monday and see if another guy has an idea about nach. If not would give them the account closure form.

IFF responded finally so this is sorted out. Still kind of annoying that banks do not provide an online ui for managing e-mandates. I assume because they are mostly used for loans and as a result are treated at par with post dated cheques?

IDFC has a dedicated section showing recurring payments. I wonder what it is used for if not NACH payments.

kguspIi.webp

I've only seen the recurring payments which I've scheduled using internet banking on that page. NACH payments never showed up for me.

What kind of payments do you schedule? I mean what kind of recurring payments can be set on their platform. Automated NEFT payment? Or something else?