E-Mandate for recurring payments using debit & credit cards

i did not get any error message from do. i logged in earlier today. saw payment due message. pressed the pay button and it actually processed payment without asking for otp. i have no idea how but i am fine if this is how it is going to be from now on.

aws hadn't generated invoice at the time. they usually do it on 2nd or 3rd. would find out.

btw, i was wondering if emandate would actually make it easier to shop from stores we shop from regularly. can Amazon get an emandate for ordering from their website? would i be able to just select my card and pay for the order without entering an otp every single time? probably not. but would be nice.

RBI would rather have u enter 5 different passwords along with an OTP in order to safeguard your interests and you are asking if you can pay without OTP? lol

Google cloud automatically updated new mandate request yesterday I had to do nothing. ₹1was debited and I got sms from hdfc with the sihub link to manage migrated mandate. Also got an email from Google cloud about this.

I thought this new thing was only working with visa card as of now but mine is a mastercard.

Last night 3 IVR passwords were generated on my primary card.. Although there is no notification of any transaction. Should I be concerned?

Don't think ivr password has anything to do with mandate. Best would be to temporarily disable or reduce limit to very low and check with support.

Let's thank RBI for killing Google's Pay balance as an option to pay for Youtube. Confirmed from Youtube that RBI's restrictions don't allow usage of Pay Balance as an option for Youtube payments.

Thank you, RBI. Thank you Mudi zee.

DigitalOcean finally sends a mailer.

Hello,

If you have successfully paid for your invoice issued on October 1, 2021, please disregard this notice.
There was a recent change in RBI regulations on recurring card payments that resulted in an increased failure rate on automatic card payments for your invoice. We have made some changes to our payment processing systems that should help process card payments moving forward.
Please login to your account and use the “Pay Now” button to complete the payment for this month's invoice. You will most likely have to perform a 3DS authentication to finalize the payment.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our Support team and we will be happy to help.

Thank you,
Team DigitalOcean

They are sending mail on October 8. For anyone whose payment was stuck, DO would have probably suspended their account by now. lol Were they sleeping?

Promote paying with Apple ID. Users who pay with their Apple ID balance will not be impacted by these requirements at this time. Users can add funds to their Apple ID using most credit and debit cards, Net Banking, RuPay, and UPI.

Apple can do this but Google keeps on pretending Play Balance does not exist in India.