Dual MAC Updation

Not sure though, what exactly you are trying to ask here.

Maybe that is for the MAC address of the router, so that you can use more than one router at a time. Previously in my GTPL connection, they needed that so that their network verifies the router from it's MAC address and then it successfully authenticates.

today I entered My routers MAC address there since then I am getting IP addresses related to my location devision only

Last edited:
I checked my account and it 1 MAC address registered, but this not of the WAN port on my Netgate PfSense firewall/router box. It probably belongs to one of the ONU ports (this is FTTC connection) that my home is connected to. I have switched to other routers (including home Wi-Fi routers like the Asus AC3200 that can handle multiple WANs) with this connection and there's no authentication done on MAC address. CG NAT IP addresses in the 100.xxx.xxx.xxx range are assigned randomly.

Don't know about other ISPs but this is atleast what GTPL used to do anyways. And also I had a direct WAN connection from them as the main exchange was pretty close.

I said this because when initially they installed the connection I used one router then after sometime when I switched to a different router I was unable to connect so when I accessed my account on their website and added the MAC address of the new router then it was able to authenticate.

I checked my account and it 1 MAC address registered, but this not of the WAN port on my Netgate PfSense firewall/router box. It probably belongs to one of the ONU ports (this is FTTC connection) that my home is connected to. I have switched to other routers (including home Wi-Fi routers like the Asus AC3200 that can handle multiple WANs) with this connection and there's no authentication done on MAC address. CG NAT IP addresses in the 100.xxx.xxx.xxx range are assigned randomly.
I had some MAC address before when I changed it to mac address of my router the IP addresses are now provided which relates to my location

You Broadband does not provide public IP addresses. Your router's WAN IP assignments is a CG NAT address.

Routing to other IP addresses or domains whether internal or external (as seen when doing trace route) is done in via static or dynamic route tables in the carrier's routers and using one or more Routing Protocols like BGP, OSPF, RIP etc.

According to what I could see in my account, changing the MAC addresses registered there didn't make a difference. Also they restrict changes to once in 30 days.

In my router/firewall I can update static routes through to WAN or within LAN if required on this page.

For example see the screenshot, sorry, I tried to attach it to one message but the same screenshot was being depicted multiple times in the same post.

HkH0Oa2.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
You Broadband does not provide public IP addresses. Your router's WAN IP assignments is a CG NAT address.

Routing to other IP addresses or domains whether internal or external (as seen when doing trace route) is done in via static or dynamic route tables in the carrier's routers and using one or more Routing Protocols like BGP, OSPF, RIP etc.

According to what I could see in my account, changing the MAC addresses registered there didn't make a difference. Also they restrict changes to once in 30 days.

In my router/firewall I can update static routes through to WAN or within LAN if required on this page.
I know that YOU Broadband provides CGNAT my point is when I entered external IP address
on whatismyipaddress.com
it use to show some other area pin code but now after changing the mac address now the external ip address which I entered in
whatismyipaddress.com
showes My mane area pincode under which my locality comes

Keep an eye because dynamic routing means it changes...like someone said on this thread, sometimes the gateway is through Vodafone Europe backbone/backhaul (VF in telecom parlance) and sometimes via some other route. It changes depending on factors that is sometimes determined by the carrier's router routing protocol or even done manually for benefits including cost efficiency, performance, redundancy among others.

What is important for us domestic/home consumers to remember is that there are no guarantees of performance (remember speed is "upto" not "equal to") unless you sign up for a leased/dedicated line with QOS i.e. quality of service including performance guarantees translating to latency, speed, uptime among others. Trust me, this is overkill for a home user.

Tracerts to different IPs across the world will vary and change at the service providers discretion. They do what's right for them. For a sum of 500-2000/month you cannot expect enterprise grade performance on a home internet connection.

it is 2 days now stil I am getting consistently IP Addresses which shows my PIN Code on whatismyipaddress.com
also for the first time speedtest automatic mode finds YOU Broadband server
speeds are stable with 0.2 to 0.4 Mbps difference on both upload and download between different speedtests
thanks

It really doesn't matter what PIN code the site says you are in as it is always an approximation. They offer you a chance to correct it. Which I never do because it is a matter of privacy.

Also, I get different PIN codes at random (all within Pune city) for 4 different service providers, including via my Jio MiFi, though the connection is at the same physical location. PIN code detection is not really relevant to the performance of your connection. Also, Speedtest selects the server based on ping times. You can read more here: How does the Begin Test button select a server?