• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 17,052

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
What's the current price (i.e. in Nehru Place) of Dual Layer DVDs and what brands are available?

Yeah , and somebody give info on the cost of LightScribe Media?

once asked them for dual layer, they said they don't keep them. costs around Rs 200 for a disc! i was shocked to hear it! that was 6 months ago. now i don't know!

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Apr 1 2007, 12:49 AM) [snapback]85623[/snapback]
What's the current price (i.e. in Nehru Place) of Dual Layer DVDs and what brands are available?[/b]

250-280 bucks....of some VERTABIM and RIDATA 😀

What's the use? 2 normal DVD's combined would be about 1/2 cm thick and about 30 gms in weight. Is that too heavy?

you dont have to carry 2 😛

basically...... dvd9 are useful for carrying huuuge files Apoorv hence the need esp for g**e downloders like me 😛if u see some of the recent g**es they are all on dvd9!!!!!!

not only games but many movies too come on dvd9. strange thing that got godfather(all 3 parts, in excellent quality) on dual layer for Rs 100 only! 😛 (and that too a yr ago!)that's why i had thought too that dual layer wud be under Rs 100, but sadly they r not!

Ya, Rang De Basanti was on Dual Layer DVD. Ripped it, and fit it into a CD 🙂. Also, I remember PC World used to give out dual layer DVDs with linux distros in them along with their magazine for just Rs. 60.

they must be getting those dual layers from outside. they are very cheap in other countries.

well, I went to Nehru Place, and though I know I didn't get the best deal possible, I think I got a pretty good price - Rs. 140 for a Verbatim DVD+R DL (which is supposed to be one of the best).

light scribe would be even costlier! don't know the price and i don't think anywhere in NP u wud find it.

my friend bought sum for me from singapore....... converted into rupees, cost me around rs.10/- each (verbatim) 😀got a huge 20 dvd pack 😛